Why become a member? ×

Overwater Perception 5 build.

rk7

Wow – that’s a stunning instrument!

It sounds like Overwater are great to deal with, too. I had the opposite experience when I had a pair of custom guitars made, so it’s nice to see the other side of the coin. I’m just about to start playing bass, so not really sure of who’s who, but that looks like a top-notch job.

I have a recollection of seeing a matching pair of Overwater bass and 6 string electric guitar in a music shop about 25 years ago – roughly based on a Gibson Explorer shape. I had a shot on the guitar, and took my parents in to see it, but didn’t buy it. I might be getting mixed up with the maker (it could have been Eccleshall – or something like that). Do you know if Overwater ever made guitars?

I hope you enjoy it when you finally get your mitts on it – I’m sure you will!

Hi deejayen, and welcome to Basschat!

The peeps at Overwater are exceptionally good on the customer front, do doubt about that. I can't say for sure if they ever made guitars but I suspect they did, I seem to recall a pic on their Facebook page a while ago. I know there is also something of a guitar connection with Haydn, who sometimes helps out there, but who also runs Williams Guitars.

I'll check with Martin when we next speak.

thank you for your kind comments!

RK

I would highly recommend it, Simes.

When I placed my order I was excited about it, but having specced it and seen it coming to life, my anticipation has gone through the roof. Having sat with the bass last friday it just feels completely 'right', which is what a bespoke instrument is all about I suppose. Roll on next week, when it will be completed. Oh joy!

Speak to the boys at OW!

RK

I speak to Martin every week, I have lessons with him :) I sooooo want an OW. Job situation a bit up in air at mo I'll have to wait a few weeks as there might be redundancies. It's a hard choice, a hand made OW or change my banger of a motor.....suppose I could just about get it through another MOT.

Some spray-booth action at the end of the week! Final laquer now applied, woo hoo! Hardware next week, and then its collection time for RK!

And from the back!

Its getting sooooo close now.

thank you please

RK

[quote name='rk7' timestamp='1362168256' post='1996807']
Some spray-booth action at the end of the week! Final laquer now applied, woo hoo! Hardware next week, and then its collection time for RK!

And from the back!

Its getting sooooo close now.

thank you please

RK
[/quote]

S

T

U

N

N

I

N

G

!!!!!

Edited by andydye

[quote name='simes' timestamp='1362654282' post='2002724'] when's the big day rk? [/quote] Hi Simes, Martin tells me the bass will be complete today or early tomorrow. Typically, I will be away this weekend for a pre-arranged family catch-up. Hey Ho. I will be collecting the bass on Tuesday, woo-hoo! RK

Edited by rk7

[quote name='simes' timestamp='1362741871' post='2004038']
I bet it's like being a kid waiting for Christmas, I'm afraid Martin will be delayed slightly this afternoon as I have a lesson booked after work, I'll try not to keep him to long.
[/quote]

Oh Simes, you hit the nail on the head, it is like waiting for Christmas.

Nearly there now though, two days to go!

RK

Final batch of build pics (I think). The guys have been busy. After a suitable time for the lacquer to 'go off', its hardware time dear readers!

28gys7n.jpg&key=ddcefce85a6745a6b9ac8aefd4b5a1bcfd78cee4eef9035ceb986047d2602418

Bridge pieces fitted. Fretboard dressed and oiled (by Chris). Jack Socket installed.

2128i20.jpg&key=d01c49ad23dc984fb8846f59111564846c764068bd1fb635f5a9ddb31b20f4c5

Control cavity shielded, and battery compartment fitted.

28anfhx.jpg&key=d7fc9211c063c1f6f8ba0efab3a63e42a7890246564cfcf61b0886e359e3dd42

Pickups, Straplocks, and circuit!

11bjgb7.jpg&key=963d8231de2b259b332ece035c58ebb8a29416546bf0bf9dfebdac6676993f90

Scott Devine signature electronics! Woop!

35883t3.jpg&key=0d04452bdefce06404037cdb728f7f3522ce0ff799c49678e15691522929ee7f

The head, oh the head! ha ha. Tuners, MoP Overwater logo, Nut, and Truss Rod cover. Its nearly a bass!

Tomorrow (for lucky me) is Christmas Eve, as I will be going up to Carlisle on Tuesday to collect it.

I will be somewhat giddy.

thank you please

RK

Edited by rk7

[quote name='rk7' timestamp='1363069277' post='2007747']
Well readers, its around 6 a.m. and I'm up, dressed, money counted (again) and I'm ready to go and collect my new bass!

I wonder what time Overwater open today?

RK
[/quote]

Exciting times! Have a great day matey!!