Why become a member? ×

New Markbass Multiamp

discreet

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1432634888' post='2783353']
Also, the LMIII retails for around £395, an MB7 distorsore £210, a compressore £140, and along with the a Chorus/Flanger was about £250, you all of a sudden can afford a Multiamp... and look at all the other goodies you get with that...
[/quote]

Thats kind of my thinking, I was going to upgrade my LM2 (which I loved) and was looking at Synth pedals and a new Flanger etc.

[quote name='lemmywinks' timestamp='1432636136' post='2783367']
Yeah but it's too big though, I want everything in a LM3 box!
[/quote]

I did think about the size of it, but its not heavy, I used to carry my LM2 in a flight case along with a pedal board, now i've my Multi amp in a gator 3u case, but not pedal board. Not much difference really

So far I'm happy and it has put an end to looking at pedals

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1432647717' post='2783546']
I am given to understand they are good - worldwide both guitar and bass versions...
[/quote]
[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1432647717' post='2783546']
I am given to understand they are good - worldwide both guitar and bass versions...
[/quote]

I've Pm'd you ;)

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='lemmywinks' timestamp='1432481834' post='2781865']
I wonder if they've thought of a stripped down micro head version, like a LM3 with a tuner, distosore and compressore integrated. I would definitely buy that!
[/quote]

Well since all the effects and the amp sims are probably handled by a single dsp I doubt there much of a saving to be made from omitting the amp sim. There might be mileage in producing a preamp only variant though.

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1433239230' post='2789149']
Well since all the effects and the amp sims are probably handled by a single dsp I doubt there much of a saving to be made from omitting the amp sim. There might be mileage in producing a preamp only variant though.
[/quote]

yup, thats what I was thinking too....

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1433239230' post='2789149']
[/quote]
But if you look at the number of knobs on the compressore and distotore, they are too complicated for the vast majority of players, and there is simply not enough panel space for it on an LM3 (or LMT). (Personally I'd be happy with a good single knob compressor built in to an LM3. I actually very rarely use a compressor, but it must be one of the more popular effects).

Edited by Count Bassy

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1434401478' post='2799299']
But if you look at the number of knobs on the compressore and distotore, they are too complicated for the vast majority of players, and there is simply not enough panel space for it on an LM3 (or LMT). (Personally I'd be happy with a good single knob compressor built in to an LM3. I actually very rarely use a compressor, but it must be one of the more popular effects).
[/quote]

TC do this with the spectracomp knob

[quote name='Modman' timestamp='1434455330' post='2799691']
I think if they released a preamp version of this, I would be all over it as I already have an LM3, then all i would need to do is sell off my pedals.
[/quote]

... So all you have to do is sell off your pedals AND the LM3, and jobs a good-un with the benefit that it's all in one box...! 😀

Another new review of the Multiamp is in this month's Bass player Mag. Handily Markbass have put it on their own site:-

[url="http://markbass.it/upload_area/fckeditor/MULTIAMP%20SU%20BASS%20PLAYER.pdf"]http://markbass.it/u...SS%20PLAYER.pdf[/url]

Edited by MoJoKe

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1434562401' post='2800828']
Another new review of the Multiamp is in this month's Bass player Mag. Handily Markbass have put it on their own site:-

[url="http://markbass.it/upload_area/fckeditor/MULTIAMP%20SU%20BASS%20PLAYER.pdf"]http://markbass.it/u...SS%20PLAYER.pdf[/url]
[/quote]

I don't general read those mags, they don't really go deep into things do they ?

With all the settings and models at hand its funny what you end up doing , unless i've got obvious sounds needed to emulate songs such as Flangers, Valve or dirty sounds etc, i'm just loving the Trace Elliot amp setting with a bit of compression.

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1434608363' post='2801087']
I don't general read those mags, they don't really go deep into things do they ?
[/quote]

I thought my review was better ;) - yes it was a bit shallow really, and not a very helpful conclusion...

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. That would make sense. I see MarkBass have shared some on their site and info on how to download/save etc

http://www.markbass.it/news_266_Vincenzo+Maurogiovanni+custom+presets+for+Bass+Multiamp%21

• 2 weeks later...

[size=4][color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am a TA503 and LM2 user and have a question regarding the Bass Mul[/font][/color][color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]tiamp. [/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Is there a way to have a Master Volume allowing to control the volume of every preset at once or would I need to change the volume of every preset I'll be using?[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by gillento

From memory you can choose to include or exclude the master volume for presets. I can't remember offhand where this is in the programming, I'll have a play and confirm how this works. I just know that all my presets exclude master volume!