Why become a member? ×

ZVex Basstortion

Tee

Build quality costs more, although one has to factor in R &D time etc etc. Basically, any pedal on the market on costs a couple of quid in parts I suspect. What companies change for them is basically what they can get away with.

Personally, I'm interested in the pedal. It sounds rather unique to me, although I'm disappointed that the whole of that demo vid was done with the drive knob firmly on max. I would have liked to see what it can do at lower levels. The lack of a clean blend doesn't bother me as, IMO, these rather lower levels of drive sounds don't really need a clean blend. Higher gain, yes.
If someone knows of any lower gain demos of this pedal I've love to be directed to it.

have to say i was a bit disappointed to find out this was another SVT-based pedal. zvex have made so many unique guitar pedals, i was hoping they would be a little more creative than just making another SFT/flipster/sansamp style pedal.

though saying that i'm still interested in hearing low gain samples ;)

• 7 years later...