Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Standard USA Precision 5 - brand new : SOLD

lowregisterhead

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=4]For sale is a brand spanking new USA Standard Precision 5 that I bought and imported from the States myself just a few weeks ago.

This particular bass is a bit unusual in as much as I bought the body and neck seperately, then they were put together here - you can't actually buy one of the new olympic white P5s with a maple neck, as far as I'm aware! It sounds fantastic, plays wonderfully, and is light (4kg) but very well balanced. I'm selling it with a Thomann hard case (not the Hiscox shown in the pics - sorry, I need to keep that one!)

Why am I selling? Well, you'd think I should know by now, but I'm really a jazz bass man at heart. I also have a requirement for a compact 5 string for an upcoming tour, so something has to go to pay for it, unfortunately!
The eagle-eyed amongst you may have spotted it has stacked knobs, but that's because it currently has a John East P-Retro fitted, which I'm planning to keep for another project, but I could be persuaded to leave it in.
Sorry, but no trade offers please - I need the cash for the replacement!

By the way, if you know anyone with a Status Streamline[/size][/font][color=#323232][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]/S2/Empathy/Stealth headless 5-String [/font][/color][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]for sale, do let me know...[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=4]Dave

Can't get photos to upload at the moment, but I've stuck them up on Photobucket here:[/size][/font]

[url="http://s1141.beta.photobucket.com/user/lowwregisterhead/library/Precision%20P5%20Standard"]http://s1141.beta.ph...20P5%20Standard[/url]

NOW SOLD - THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INTEREST

Edited by lowregisterhead

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1358426395' post='1938866']
Now's your chance!! :)
[/quote]

I'd have to sell a bass (I'm a music student), and I don't want to do that. I love the ones I've got and have uses for each of them. A 5 string P bass makes so much sense though, and this is a great price.

[quote name='Chris Horton' timestamp='1358687942' post='1943296']
What Is the B string like on this great looking bass?
[/quote]

It's great Chris - it feels like it belongs with the rest of the strings, and not like it was added as an afterthought, if you know what I mean. Clear, crisp, very resonant. I'm sure you'd like it! :)

Edited by lowregisterhead