Why become a member? ×

Greetings from an antiquated Newbie from Surrey :)

Jazzdude

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi, I am the latest newbie to walk into this wonderful Bass world and thought I would introduce myself and say 'Hi!' :gas:[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I've been playing bass for about 38 years but not been involved with a band for quite awhile, so tend to jam to beats I create on my PC with a DAW. My present basses are a Squire Jazz that I've had for a few months, as well as a Shergold Marathon which I have had since the early 80's (was a loaner after my Fender Jazz was nicked, liked it so much I bought it) and about to sell. I play through an old Roland Spirit Bass 50, which is about 25 years old and was a practise amp, but now it suffices for what I do but like the idea of an Ashdown. I grew up listening to 60s and 70s rock and prog (my overall preference), but I like most genres of music including smooth jazz. It it sounds good and and gives me goose bumps, then it is cool.[/color][/font]

Job wise, I work in the IT arena for my sins but in my early days I worked in stage management/lighting and photography - Good days :)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am looking forward to chatting, accepting advice from my piers, learning and passing on anything I may know.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Peace ;)[/font][/color]

[quote name='Jazzdude' timestamp='1358106594' post='1933277']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi, I am the latest newbie to walk into this wonderful Bass world and thought I would introduce myself and say 'Hi!' :gas:[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Welcome! I like you already.
You seem to fit right in. If not, you can just change the BC mold.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]present basses are a Squire Jazz that I've had for a few months, as well as a Shergold Marathon [/color][/font]
[/quote]

Synchronicity. I've had a Squier Jazz for a few months too. What are the chances, eh?
......... Oooooooooh. :blush:
Marathon: never heard about it, but I'm a noob. If it isn't readily available on Google, can you post a picture of it?

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I grew up listening to 60s and 70s rock and prog (my overall preference), but I like most genres of music[/color][/font]
[/quote]

Now that's talking. So you're not antiquated at all, but a dino like me!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]accepting advice from my piers,[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Hm. You're not synchronised with the Mercans, that's for sure...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Peace[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Everyhting was perfect ...... but no, that wasn't good enough for you. You just had to ruin it with the last word, hadn't you? :ph34r: :lol:

Enjoy! Don't be a stranger!

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1358109692' post='1933355']
Welcome! I like you already.
You seem to fit right in. If not, you can just change the BC mold.

Synchronicity. I've had a Squier Jazz for a few months too. What are the chances, eh?
......... Oooooooooh. :blush:
Marathon: never heard about it, but I'm a noob. If it isn't readily available on Google, can you post a picture of it?

Now that's talking. So you're not antiquated at all, but a dino like me!

Hm. You're not synchronised with the Mercans, that's for sure...

Everyhting was perfect ...... but no, that wasn't good enough for you. You just had to ruin it with the last word, hadn't you? :ph34r: :lol:

Enjoy! Don't be a stranger!

best,
bert
[/quote]

LOL, so I screwed it up with the Peace, well it is a Dino's right :unsure: of old age. nice to meet Bert :D I am usually very laid back, unless the kids are squabbling.

The Marathon images can be found here: [url="http://www.jazz-zone.com/bass/shergold/album/"]http://www.jazz-zone.com/bass/shergold/album/[/url] I have already put it up for sale. It is a lovely bass but found I was starting to need the less wideness of the Jazz Bass as I am finding it slightly harder to stretch the old fingers.

Thank you for the welcome :gas:

Best regards

Jason