Why become a member? ×

Hi from an old git with teenage pretensions

great harry

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1357630301' post='1925489']
OH f***! why do i keep forgetting i'm not a teenager anymore?[/quote]

How can you be a teenager if you're awake at seven-thirty in the bloody morning? :P

[quote name='great harry' timestamp='1357643455' post='1925724']
...now Debbie Harry is starring in Wonga ads I will have to find a new fantasy figure.[/quote]

I've currently got a crush on that Zeinab Badawi. She gives me a funny feeling in my pants (in the front, this time). :D
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by discreet

I was still awake from last night. And I was at a meeting with a client at 9.30 and I've git the flu (its ok I wipe the keyboard with a fertile wipe everytime I post).

I must say that I am irresistibly drawn to Antiques Roadshow. What is it about newsreaders now? I never had the same feelings for Michael Aspel or Richard Baker. Or Angela Rippon for that matter.

[quote name='great harry' timestamp='1357645639' post='1925784']
I was still awake from last night.[/quote]

Sorry, that comment was directed at MiltyG565. :)

[quote name='great harry' timestamp='1357645710' post='1925787']
In-discreet I think.[/quote]

You are beginning to understand. :P
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by discreet

dude,never to old...folk punk...so u were a crusty!!!...all hail crust-core!!! i had a bass since 13 then bout 19 i stopped playing it,then few years back i wanted to do a crust core band...but i was getting kids who wanted to be famous ect....i just wanted to make a glorious noise!!...anyway i was just about to give up and put the bass away in the loft forever,when an old mate asked me if i wanted to bass for his band...very daunting....i had no gear really,just a bust up old ric copy,and an ibanez cheap thing that i was given,anyway i had a 115 cab so i went to cash converters and bought a power amp for £25!! its ok for practice,then i bought a 118 sub for 20£,i bought a laney 150w head of ebay for £35...wich i gig with,i then bought another 15 driver for £5 off ebay,our studio chucked out a pair of empty cabs so i had them put my speakers in it....so i really had a giggable rig for £50!!!...and people always comment on the massive bottom end it has!!,i restored my ric copy,then a i copped a epi thunder bird for £90 wich is great!,iv had marshalls.hartke ect but always end up back at my cheap laney...in other words keep searching ebay cash converters ect,u can get solid state heads for less than £50...i fried my original 15 with the hartke...beast of a head!! i replaced it with a 'damaged'cab off ebay for less than £40....but it is addictive...more amps...more basses....once u start collecting its amazing how things gravitate to u cheap or for free....some gave me a columbus les paul and the same gave me a westone thunder that they were gonn nail to the garden wall and throw rocks at it!! percivere its out there!!!

• 2 months later...

Still haven't got my bass yet. Decided to wait until I sell the boat. It's been advertised for a month but only one persons had a look yet.

I might get a Fender Modern Player Telecaster Bass. It just looks so good. Still haven't decided on make or power of the amp yet. It has to be quite compact to fit in my compact cottage.

Edited by great harry

You wouldn't have guessed this, but the Compact is quite compact. :-)
The head to go with this could be the Micro Terror. It's quite compact as well.

Seriously though, whenever you want some ideas from us, just let us know something about a budget and your wishes about the gear.

best,
bert

• 2 weeks later...

Took the plunge and ordered the Fender Modern Player Jazz Bass from Dawsons together with a Rumble 30 amp.

Can't wait to get hold of it and annoy...er...entertain my neighbours. It's ok I've got headphones too. Neighbour wars is the last thing I want in my mellowing years.

Decided not to wait unt I sell the boat and got it on finance.

[quote name='great harry' timestamp='1363810767' post='2018115']
Took the plunge and ordered the Fender Modern Player Jazz Bass from Dawsons together with a Rumble 30 amp.

Can't wait to get hold of it and annoy...er...entertain my neighbours. It's ok I've got headphones too. Neighbour wars is the last thing I want in my mellowing years.

Decided not to wait unt I sell the boat and got it on finance.
[/quote]

You know it made sense :D it's like waiting for Santa to arrive

Well the strap arrived today so that's a start. It's going to be like unwrapping a very well wrapped present one layer a day. Bass and amp due to arrive tomorrow, case, lead and stand on Wednesday. Can't wait to start rumbling :-)

Edited by great harry

[quote name='great harry' timestamp='1364394749' post='2025848']
Sounds great unplugged though.
[/quote]

Use your brain. Do NOT plug it in when the lead arrives. Never change a winning team, y'know.

Congrats! This starts to look wonderful indeed.

b,
b