Why become a member? ×

Hi Guy's

alembic63

Hi guy's

Been playing Bass for 37yrs and am fast approaching the big 50.........

Still Jamming with my old mates from the band...done the usual pubs and clubs ,some studio work but play for pleasure these days.

My Influences are Stanley Clarke, Geddy Lee, Martin Turner ( Wishbone Ash) and John Paul Jones.

Had many a bass over the years, Started off with a Columbus jazz then onto my first proper bass a 78 Fender Precision,and from there the list goes on, Rickenbacker,Musicman, Wal pro, Wal pro 11, 1975 Fender jazz , Peavey, and Wal custom ,

currently playing 1978 fender jazz, 1977 fender jazz and a custom maccassar ebony jazz with Status Graphite neck.( which is currently up for sale if anybodys interested)

Cheers Ian

Hello and welcome Ian.

Impressive reading there, I love Geddy and Stanley and always wanted a Wal.....too picey!

Post your bass for sale in the 'basses for sale' at the bottom part of the forum, I've sold 2 over the last couple of months and the folks here are a good bunch.
Regale us of tales from old Ian.

Cheers Leen.

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1357149287' post='1918222']
Hello and welcome Ian.

Impressive reading there, I love Geddy and Stanley and always wanted a Wal.....too picey!

Post your bass for sale in the 'basses for sale' at the bottom part of the forum, I've sold 2 over the last couple of months and the folks here are a good bunch.
Regale us of tales from old Ian.

Cheers Leen.
[/quote]

Hi Leen

Thanks for the welcome mate.....sold my first wal for £300....and swapped my custom Wal for a 70's Jazz bass.... wouldnt like to think what they would be worth today......., Ive played with the same drummer for 25years and in all that time he's had the the same Tama kit....he thinks I'm mad for constantly changing my Basses , he say " they all sound the same to him" .........that's drummers for ya ...tone deaf.....lol

Hey Ian,

Welcome indeed. You may teach us some.
Funny you should mention exactly these bassists as influences. All four of them have been heavily influenced by me as well! I have four restraining orders as evidence!
(Though I'm sorry I took one out on poor Martin. He's really a good bloke.)

Me, I love drummers. They're great fun to be with 24/7, and the best non-musos a band can have working for them. IMHO of course. ;)

Enjoy the site!

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1357163938' post='1918601']
Hey Ian,

Welcome indeed. You may teach us some.
Funny you should mention exactly these bassists as influences. All four of them have been heavily influenced by me as well! I have four restraining orders as evidence!
(Though I'm sorry I took one out on poor Martin. He's really a good bloke.)

Me, I love drummers. They're great fun to be with 24/7, and the best non-musos a band can have working for them. IMHO of course. ;)

Enjoy the site!

best,
bert
[/quote]

Hi Bert

Thanks for the welcome

Yeah your right mate, Drummers are great ........someones gotta carry the Bass rig in and out of the van....... :D .

Ian

[quote name='lastnotleast' timestamp='1357221968' post='1919292']
Welcome Ian. I was a drummer for (10) years then a keyboard/guitar player but finally worked up the cajones to play a real instrument.
Drummers can be useful; you know the stage is level when the drummer drools from both sides.
[/quote]

:D ...........lol......... :D

Hi mate, thanks for the welcome... Where would drummers be without Bass players to keep them in time.... :)

Ian

[quote name='alembic63' timestamp='1357229160' post='1919439']
:D ...........lol......... :D

Hi mate, thanks for the welcome... Where would drummers be without Bass players to keep them in time.... :)

Ian
[/quote]

Indeed. My drummer ordinarily plays to a click track but I'm OK with the illusion that his time is a perfect as my own.