Why become a member? ×

MARK KINGS LEVEL 42 " RETROGLIDE 1000W AMP" FOR SALE

TOMAS

[size=5]I am thinking of selling Marks King's own "Superfly Retroglide" this is one off special hand bulit and with a stunning Top Plate artist painted with the Retroglide album cover graphics. [/size]

[size=5]It was upgraded with a 2x 500W power section by Mark Gooday (Ashdown MD) an amazing piece of L42 history..may exchange for HI/END bass guitar, JD,Status,Tobias,etc.. price £1150[/size]

[size=5]The amp is excellent conditon I have kept it in its protective metal case.

HAVING PROBLEMS UPLOADING PHOTO..[/size]Heres a link with Mark with pictures of the amp for sale [url="http://www.level42.com/2006/07/31/king-picks-up-a-superfly/"]http://www.level42.c...-up-a-superfly/[/url]

Edited by TOMAS

Warwick,
the standard is 2 x250w and made in china, this one was hand made by Mark Gooday (Ashdown MD) to much higher spec it has 2 x500 at 4ohm
output and a one off custom "Retroglide" album cover artwork on the whole of the top face of the amp will post photo soon.

[quote name='TOMAS' timestamp='1356902518' post='1915028']
Thats an intresting point of view dont think shared by fans of Mark King
[/quote]

I'm not so sure about that - there's been quite a few of the Fender Mark King basses kicking around and they are really hard to sell.

Of course they don't have the 'owned by' tag and are just signature stuff. Plus MK has had quite a lot of signature gear around over the years and I guess this has devalued the exclusiveness a fair bit :(

Well regardings Marks gear a Kingbass Mk2 played only three times by Mark sold recently well above the current market value..

Mark also auctioned his flame maple KINGBASS MK1 which cost new about £2.5k price sold for £6,700 !

The Fender Jazz Mark king was an edition on 42..there where serious issues with bulid quality which was common knowledge hence they where not that desirable and affected the resale price, none of the ones for sale ever belonged to Mark.

Edited by TOMAS

[quote name='TOMAS' timestamp='1356907110' post='1915102']
For some reason i cannot upload pic but if you click on the the link to Level42.com I have provided you see the amp..
[/quote]

Well, that's a picture of Mark King holding 'A' Superfly amp. Pictures of your amp with the quoted provenance beside it might be the clincher.

I have the providence from Ashdown's Mark Gooday... genuine intrested parties can email for that ..Yes KARLFER it in same very good condtion..as the photo I kept in it's protective sleeve.also have the magazine article it featured in.

Edited by TOMAS

I'm a bit surprised by this thread. Give the guy a break. Anyone who knows about bass knows the superfly. The retro glide version is well known. If anyone is serious to buy then buy. The seller can provide provenance to serious buyers. The £6.7K king bass is an anomaly because it was a charity auction. I have one of the 42 jazz basses. While it is the poorest made of my basses the comparison is a bit unfair. It is still a great bass with an interesting provenance and cool SiMS! Go and make some music guys. Sorry to whinge! Big love to all

I'm a bit surprised by this thread. Give the guy a break. Anyone who knows about bass knows the superfly. The retro glide version is well known. If anyone is serious to buy then buy. The seller can provide provenance to serious buyers. The £6.7K king bass is an anomaly because it was a charity auction. I have one of the 42 jazz basses. While it is the poorest made of my basses the comparison is a bit unfair. It is still a great bass with an interesting provenance and cool SiMS! Go and make some music guys. Sorry to whinge! Big love to all

[quote name='30507090' timestamp='1357578016' post='1924778']
[/quote]

Yeah thats fair enough, if someone wants it, they will pay, end of.