Why become a member? ×

NDB: Fender FSR Precision Bass

pendingrequests

So after a few months of paying off, on Christmas Eve I got hold of my first American Precision.

Ohh she is a beauty and plays like a dream :). As you can see from the sticker it is a hand stained finish.

She is in a Hiscox case, recommended to me by a good friend who works in the music store. So much lighter compared to the fender moulded case I got with my Jazz.

It has the standard strings on at the moment, not too sure yet what to change them to. I have D'addario Pro Steels 105 - 50 on my Jazz, which I have been using for nearly a year now.

I know alot of people swear by using flats on their Precision, but with just the various genres I play in different groups, I'm not too keen on them. Maybe you can all convince me :)

Any other suggestions would be great. Especially in the D'addario product line.

Great bass. Re strings, D`addario Chromes are very good flats. Have a look at this Youtube clip, 1m55 is the part where you hear how close to rounds they can sound:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS4-tiHkQ2A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS4-tiHkQ2A[/url]

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1356621579' post='1911717']
Great bass. Re strings, D`addario Chromes are very good flats. Have a look at this Youtube clip, 1m55 is the part where you hear how close to rounds they can sound:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS4-tiHkQ2A[/media]
[/quote]

That's a tasty sound man.

[quote name='pendingrequests' timestamp='1356625967' post='1911779']
That's a tasty sound man.
[/quote]

Yeah, I`ve just ordered a set based on that clip. I`ve had them before, but for some reason always put them on my backup basses to try out, then never used them in a band situation. This time I`m going to persist and use them with the band.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1356628124' post='1911806']
Very, very nice. I bet that ownership is all the sweeter having had to put money by without actually having it. Congrats!
[/quote]

Haha! indeed man thanks :)

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1356636216' post='1911924']
Yeah, I`ve just ordered a set based on that clip. I`ve had them before, but for some reason always put them on my backup basses to try out, then never used them in a band situation. This time I`m going to persist and use them with the band.
[/quote]

Yeh, I may have to give them a shot. Gigging with this tonight for it's first run with the roundwounds on, so I'll how it feels :)