Why become a member? ×

Lakland Joe Osborne DPLE 1 DudePit Ltd edition***SOLD***

markbass555

Only 24 of these basses were ever made and only 4 with the maple board option. I believe there maybe three DPLE1's in the UK(including this one) but this is the only one I know of in europe with the maple board.

These left the factory with a j-retro installed as standard at present i have this converted to a passive bass with a fender stack knob control plate fitted and the capacitors have been changed out to sprague orange drops. These thing sounds the business with the stock fralin pickups.

The J-retro will be included in the sale so you have the option to revert back to the original configuration. The scratch plate has been changed from the stock minty green guard to black pearl,but original guard also included in the sale.

Finally the bass has been fitted with green FRETFX LED side markers, I am afraid when I bought this from the states that no case was included,but will include a gig bag.

Looking around £800.00 for this plus postage from Northern Ireland this price includes the two wiring options, two scratch plates and the FRETFX markers which is over and above normal spec.

Will now also consider trades for Stingray 5 or a 5'er with a narrow string spacing. [attachment=8667:P1010005.JPG]
[attachment=8666:P1010003.JPG]
[attachment=8665:P1010004.JPG]
[attachment=8668:P1010007.JPG]
[attachment=8669:P1010009.JPG]
[attachment=8670:P1010010.JPG]
[attachment=8671:P1010012.JPG]

Thanks for looking

Dave

Edited by markbass555

[quote name='Higgie' post='199271' date='May 15 2008, 08:17 AM']Gah!!! Dave what are you doing to me!? I can't afford to buy any more Laklands!! But I damn sure want this :) Trade for DJ4? :huh:[/quote]

Sorry mate !!!! Still glad your loving the DJ4 it was a great bass I must admit I do miss it!!!!

[quote name='markbass555' post='199314' date='May 15 2008, 09:25 AM']Sorry mate !!!! Still glad your loving the DJ4 it was a great bass I must admit I do miss it!!!![/quote]

Haha - Yeah, it's a fantastic instrument. It's heavier than I thought - I think it actually weighs more than my DJ5 (though it could just be me!)

This bass is absolutely gorgeous though, and if I had the cash it would be MINE!

As you can very well tell, I've been bitten by the Lakland bug :) / :huh:

Good luck with the sale matey.

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='199809' date='May 15 2008, 06:34 PM']As you probably know I had one of these and can vouch for there quality and sound and rareity. Im very tempted as im looking for a Jazz! Bestest ever slimest neck ive ever come across.

Bump[/quote]

I can second that on the bestest slimest neck ever. I actually orderd a Jo neck for my Bg bass exactly the same spec as the on on the DPLE from lakland and its the nicest playing p bass I have ever played

[quote name='ShaunB' post='199832' date='May 15 2008, 07:10 PM']*argh* need... need... want... should go to a good home - have a bump for a beautiful bass!

(don't need a Valenti P do you?)

Mustn't sell it. *damn*[/quote]

Would be tempted with the Valenti if it wasn't for the fact i have 3 P basses already and need the money to fund something else :)

[quote name='molan' post='204529' date='May 22 2008, 08:16 PM']That is a really sexy looking bass.

What's the history of the DudePit Ltd bit?[/quote]
ooo shall I?
Well the Dudepit is a Lakland based forum in the USA. Steve Barr the owner also owned a retail bass outlet and commisioned the first Lakland DPLE1 (dudepit Limited edition) having to order a batch of 24 to get the special spec that these basses have, there has since been a DPLE2 a white Pbass thpe with a darkstar and a DPLE3 a decade based bass. These are very collectable and superb basses.

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='204532' date='May 22 2008, 08:23 PM']ooo shall I?
Well the Dudepit is a Lakland based forum in the USA. Steve Barr the owner also owned a retail bass outlet and commisioned the first Lakland DPLE1 (dudepit Limited edition) having to order a batch of 24 to get the special spec that these basses have, there has since been a DPLE2 a white Pbass thpe with a darkstar and a DPLE3 a decade based bass. These are very collectable and superb basses.[/quote]

Thanks for that!

So how heavy is one of these then?

I like the idea of a super slim neck. One of my favourite necks is on My Kubicki which is particularly anorexic.

[quote name='molan' post='204540' date='May 22 2008, 08:35 PM']Thanks for that!

I like the idea of a super slim neck. One of my favourite necks is on My Kubicki which is particularly anorexic.[/quote]
Not sure about the weight but the neck is to die for, so slim and fast. When I bought my GB from Bernie I took mine down there and he couldnt believe how slim it was, infact he said he would never even try to build one the same.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='204534' date='May 22 2008, 08:30 PM']Steve is a friend of the forum. Knowing that he used to be pro EB, I'm guessing that has to irk Sterling some.[/quote]

I'm sure theres a load more things irking Sterling Ball with Steve Barr than a commissioned Lakland bass.

nice bass btw.

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='204570' date='May 22 2008, 09:02 PM']I'm sure theres a load more things irking Sterling Ball with Steve Barr than a commissioned Lakland bass.[/quote]
Oh I know there is for sure, but I'm not going to be drawn on it.

[quote name='molan' post='204540' date='May 22 2008, 08:35 PM']Thanks for that!

I like the idea of a super slim neck. One of my favourite necks is on My Kubicki which is particularly anorexic.[/quote]

Hi,

Will weigh it tomorrow but it is very light wouldnt know you had it on. Its one of the lightest basses i have ever played. And as I said the neck is to die for.

Edited by markbass555

These basses are rather awesome. I have one of the 3 in the UK, which I've also converted to passive. It's now my main bass, having sold off a Wal and sidelined my Warwick (until I next play some metal anyway!). And the neck is to die for...