Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anybody had experience mixing Markbass heads with Hartke Cabs?

charliethornton

I`ve had - albeit very temporarily - a Hartke Hydrive 410, and I wouldn`t class it as low-end. It was very crisp, clear and punchy, which wasn`t for me - hence me only having it for a short while. Having been bowled over completely by Markbass gear, and having had a Little Mark Tube with a Markbass 410, I`d look at one of their cabs. Evil Undead is selling a Markbass 212 on here for £550. Not much more than a new Hydrive 410.:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/190422-ftfs-markbass-new-york-122-2x12/page__p__1901666__hl__markbass__fromsearch__1#entry1901666

I've ran an MB F1 with a pair of Hartke 4.5XL cabs - brilliant sound! Nice and deep but with great projection. I'd also jump in and say that Hartke cabs (XL range I've used or years) are great and certainly not low end.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1355904960' post='1904127']
Darn fine cabs, the Hartke XLs. Prefer them to the Hydrives.
[/quote]

I occasionally run my LMT500 into an ancient american 410XL, no tweeter. Sounds way, way better than it should and it's tons of fun. Old XLs are bargains if you can pick one up (which reminds me- it's bit of a bertha to lift.)