Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Warwick Thumb 5 string (Broadneck Custom Shop option.). SOLD.

Chris2112

Morning all,

I'm fancying a new toy this morning. So up for trade or sale I put my only bass, my Warwick Thumb 5 string BO with the Broadneck and soapbar options.

Previously owned by our very own Clarky, this bass is in beautiful condition. It's an easy 9/10 on condition, it has been very well looked after and I have enjoyed it immensely but I fancy a slap machine as I've been listening to a lot of Stuart Hamm lately. Yes, my bandmates, sound engineer and producer will no doubt lament me moving on the Warwick but I fancy a change.

Some pictures, borrowed from Eude:

The bass comes with a Warwick Rockbag, tool kit, manual and wax. I may be able to source a hardcase to post it, if you so wish.

Trade wise I'm not sure what I'm after, so I would be open to offers but ideally I'd like something quite bright and slappy. For sale, I'd like £900 so trades of about that value (I can add some cash for the right bass).

I look forward to hearing from you!

Chris

• 1 month later...

Bumping this bass after a long hiatus. Looked like it was sold, alas was not to be. As above, trade value around £900-£1000. For sale for £900. Ideally looking for a trade as the money would undoubtedly go towards another bass! But I will listen to any offer, so please don't hesitate to get in touch. As before, I can add cash for the right bass on a trade.

Chris

[quote name='xytras 1978' timestamp='1355586535' post='1900254']
Pictures are borrowed from me, that's @ my studio....
[/quote]

Yup, I don't know where these rumours about me owning a broad neck Thumb Bass have come from.
I used to own a regular one though...

Good luck with sale regardless :)

Eude

• 2 weeks later...

How does this beast hang on a strap Chris? It looks as though it might be a bit neck-heavy.... is that so?

And would you be at all interested in my Status? Not that I'm 100% sure that I want to trade.... and I would want to try your Warwick... etc, etc.

Hope you are well BTW! :)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1363359965' post='2011817']
How does this beast hang on a strap Chris? It looks as though it might be a bit neck-heavy.... is that so?

And would you be at all interested in my Status? Not that I'm 100% sure that I want to trade.... and I would want to try your Warwick... etc, etc.

Hope you are well BTW! :)
[/quote]

It hangs well on a strap, as long as you don't wear it round your ankles it won't neck dive. I'm not sure what I'm after, trade wise. If I were to sell it, I'd probably go after a Status or an Alembic. An Alembic would be a big, big draw at the moment! I wouldn't get rid of the Status if I were you, it's too much of a family heirloom!

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1363565691' post='2014281']I wouldn't get rid of the Status if I were you, it's too much of a family heirloom!
[/quote]

You're right. I must stop looking at this bloody forum! :D