Why become a member? ×

Squire logo

philbillbass

From [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squier#Korean_Squiers:"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squier#Korean_Squiers:[/url]

Korean Squiers

CN/VN: C = Cor-Tek (Cort), V = Saehan(Sunghan), S was already taken by Samick so Saehan(Sunghan) used V instead (Saehan(Sunghan) made the Vester guitars), N = Nineties (1990s), the first number following the serial number prefix is the year.

For example

* "CN5" = made by Cor-Tek (Cort) in 1995.
* "VN5" = made by Saehan(Sunghan) in 1995.

KC/KV: KC (Korean Cor-Tek (Cort)) and KV (Korean Saehan(Sunghan)), the serial number prefix is followed by a 2 number year.

For example

* "KC97" = made by Cor-Tek (Cort) in 1997.
* "KV97" = made by Saehan(Sunghan) in 1997.

[quote name='Starvolt' post='198269' date='May 13 2008, 09:09 PM']Seems the same as mine (bought in 2007).[/quote]

They are nothing alike.

Your Squier logo is solid, the one in question is gold and outlined in black.
The "by Fender" underneath your Squier logo is an actual Fender logo, the one in question has it in capital letters.
Yours says "J BASS", the one in question has "JAZZ BASS" spelled out.
The fonts are different.

The only similar thing is the maple behind the logo.

[quote name='philbillbass' post='198258' date='May 13 2008, 08:55 PM']Is this the typical squire logo for a squire or is it just and older style one
The serial number is kv97092007 so does this mean it is a korean made model?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Phil

[attachment=8641:CIMG1753.JPG][/quote]

I concur:

That is a Korean Jazz which I used to own.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='198551' date='May 14 2008, 10:25 AM']And both basses still have "Squire" spelled wrong.

Somebody [i]really[/i] should tell them.

:)

Jon.[/quote]

They must have bought a truckload of decals in the eighties from Arthur Daley, guvnor.

[attachment=8650:minder.jpg]

[quote name='neepheid' post='198319' date='May 13 2008, 10:24 PM']They are nothing alike.

Your Squier logo is solid, the one in question is gold and outlined in black.
The "by Fender" underneath your Squier logo is an actual Fender logo, the one in question has it in capital letters.
Yours says "J BASS", the one in question has "JAZZ BASS" spelled out.
The fonts are different.

The only similar thing is the maple behind the logo.[/quote]

Also, Starvolt's Squier has Affinity on the end of the headstock and says 'Crafted in Indonesia' on the back, while the OP was asking about a Korean model. 2 different countries, 2 different standards of quality.

[quote name='neepheid' post='198320' date='May 13 2008, 10:26 PM']I concur:

That is a Korean Jazz which I used to own.[/quote]

is that be the jazz bass i bought off you? i sold it a while ago, i cant remember who to...

[quote name='Starvolt' post='198901' date='May 14 2008, 05:19 PM']Ah, so true. It's the whole PC thing.

I more meant the main design of the logo, but it's all good.

Mine is only about 6 Months old, so that may have something to do with it :)[/quote]

It's more an anorak thing! :huh:

When it comes to sweating the details it's the small things that count. Not so important with the cheaper Squiers perhaps, but when someone is trying to pass off something as a 70's fender (like [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=19387"]here[/url]) knowing what kind of logo you should be looking at matters.