Why become a member? ×

Strap lengths under the Chin on the gut or round your knee's whats your poison???

loushort

[quote name='MrTaff' timestamp='1359912483' post='1961951']
Clearly I'm not the exception otherwise everybody would recoding standing up, but they don't & most albums sound fine, if anything I'd say most people sound better sitting down before they're more focused.

I don't see it like that, it's the visual parts that make a live show exciting you'll never get a recording to be like it, I don't find live anymore exciting the stuff recorded in a studio, often it just sounds more sloppy.
[/quote]

But have you not just listened to something and thought 'Wow, that was so amazing! He must have been standing up when he recorded that!'?

[quote name='thodrik' timestamp='1359912662' post='1961954']
But have you not just listened to something and thought 'Wow, that was so amazing! He must have been standing up when he recorded that!'?
[/quote]

Nope, it's normally, 'Wow, that was so amazing! How the f*** did he play that"

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1359913415' post='1961966']
I suppose it's what you're used to. I play standing up. If I learn stuff sitting down, I have to re-learn it standing up. Waste of time.
[/quote]

I usually learn & work stuff out sitting down, then practice and play it standing up.

I can't do that. I don't have my bass particularly low (buckle rash around the mid bottom half of the body) but the bass sits higher up when I'm sitting down, which I find uncomfortable.

If it didn't take me so b%**#y long to learn and work stuff out, I'd do it all standing up...