Why become a member? ×

get screwed! or more specifically where to buy screws for a bass...

LukeFRC

So I have a wee jazz build going on, and need the screws- pick guard, control cover, bridge and pickup.... oh. and 2 for dunlop strap locks.

I just wondered where folk would rwcomend getting them?
Like I know theres lots on ebay of you search guitar screws but for such a generic set of parts they charge a bomb.

Where would folk suggest going, or if someone has a big parts box and wants to relieve me of my money... :)

I would recommend [url="http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/"]WD Music[/url] - there is a huge choice (from OEM to budget), prices are reasonable, and so is postage.

EDIT: If you go to somewhere like Screwfix, you are unlikely to get the correct screws!

Edited by JapanAxe

[quote name='Horizontalste' timestamp='1354453008' post='1886046']
Screws are often overlooked but I've had loads in the past that are so soft that the driver mashes through the heads, even with little torque applied.
Definitely worth going to a fixings place and having a look, especially if like me you are always changing things.
[/quote]

yeah I could tell you about bad screws. Problem is I've just moved here and can't find an oldfashioned hardwear store. You know the type you take in what you want and hand it to an old guy in a overall who mutters and then disappears behind the counter to find an old box and then sells you the exact number of screws you need.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1354483053' post='1886567']
yeah I could tell you about bad screws. Problem is I've just moved here and can't find an oldfashioned hardwear store. You know the type you take in what you want and hand it to an old guy in a overall who mutters and then disappears behind the counter to find an old box and then sells you the exact number of screws you need.
[/quote]

Northern Guitars on Call Lane, Leeds - opposite where MusicGround were, used to be great for that kind of thing. He still has a rummage box of odds n sods to go thru too.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1354544860' post='1887168']
Northern Guitars on Call Lane, Leeds - opposite where MusicGround were, used to be great for that kind of thing. He still has a rummage box of odds n sods to go thru too.
[/quote] they are good but his rummage box wasnae that big on sat. Nice guitars though. Good guy