Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Super Cheap Overwater Evolution

tayste_2000

OK, so here's the deal this is my first Overwater (but not my oldest) I think it was made around 2005/2006 and was my main bass for a few years, made me sell all my Valenti's and misc other basses. It's a bolt on neck, 5 string, 35 inch scale bass with a maple body, maple neck and I assume something along the lines of rosewood for the fretboard but could be something a bit more exotic being Overwater ;) it's the lightest bass I own, I'll post the weight tonight.

The bass largely looks black but it's a trans purple finish, it has one small dent towards the upper horn (I'll get a picture later tonight) about the size of a jack tip (funny that)

So I'm after £700 ono for this, now why so cheap, well it doesn't get played I have 4 Overwaters including this and a Rickenbacker and I've managed to find an original shape fretless (I have 2 original shape basses already, it's kinda my thing :D). Futher more my band tune ADGCF so a full step down from standard so 2 of my Overwater's are 36 inch scale and again, it's just become my my thing and what I'm comfortable with. So with trying to keep my bass limit down to 5, I figure this is the only one I can let go.

So this is your chance to score a real Overwater for less than some of the Aspiration basses.

To confirm, there is no case included in the sale of this and I would prefer collection, I'm based in Manchester however the fretless I'm buying is in Reading so I can deliver for free to around this area and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Would be tempted to part ex for a Tanglewood Overwater Jazz, as a beater is always nice for when I have to cycle places, but ideally a sale.

As stated open to offers :D

• 1 month later...

I would use the term focus'ed there is a lot of power in thoser Overwater preamps, so it can be quite bright or really bright or massively subby

But

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/sounds-most-vintage-657829/

See this for what you can do with the right strings

I sold all my vintage basses having heard this with flats.

It's only for sale really because I'm buying an Overwater Fretless this weekend and this just doesn't get paid, might even sell another Overwater 5 I have....... maybe

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Look[quote name='3below' timestamp='1368038500' post='2072437']
Hi

what is the string spacing at the bridge?
[/quote]

Looks like 17mm but I'm just measuring the space between strings, should I be including the string?

I'm not sure how accurate I'm being sorry.

EDIT

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/6pxan9.jpg[/IMG]

Hopefully that helps?

Edited by tayste_2000