Why become a member? ×

'90's Dance Bass sounds

Bassman68

Hi there

Recently joined another band concentrating on dance music (Think post-house music electronica/early '90's dance/Snap, Culture beat etc.)) & am looking for some help on effect/sounds to recreate these bass sounds.
I appreciate the vast majority of bass sounds in this genre are keyboard based but was thinking along the lines of synth pedals/filters/fuzz boxes?
I have a Boss GT6B & an original Line6 Basspod pro & have been toying with the synthbass functions on the GT6B with some 'dubbie' sounds coming from the pod but was wondering if a specific synth pedal might be a better option, something like the Markbass synth pedal perhaps?

It's a bit out of my 'comfort zone' playing this style of music as I was never into it at the time but it makes a nice change as there seems to be plenty of work available...

Buy this one and you're set for everything you can remember:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/192056-roland-v-bass/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/192056-roland-v-bass/[/url]

I know Fernando personally, he's a great guy and a very serious seller, you won't have any problems dealing with him.

Cheers

You might also want to add a downslope filter. Most filters only offer an upslope on the envelope, but a couple have an up/down switch (EHX QTron, EBS Bassiq, Soundblox BEF, MuTron, etc).
The Moog MF-101 doesn't have an up switch, but I get round this by taking a TRS lead from the Envelope out to the Cutoff in & get good results for 80's & 90's synth sounds & even a convincing upright bass sound (when used on it's own).