Why become a member? ×

Whammy! Which one for bass?

Wooks79

I have the XP100, there's tons of latency, bad tracking, and horrible sounds, definitely more for guitar! :lol:
I admit I haven't tried the Whammy 5 on the bass yet, but that one has no latency that I noticed. The best choice, of course, would be the real Bass Whammy, but those things are highly rare and sell for a lot, about 700-900$. I'd say go with the 5.

I have the XP-100, there is a bit of latency. I use mine for octave up and pitch bends and it's fine for this. I don't really notice tracking issues but I would never use it below a D I suppose so wouldn't have noticed.

Anyway, it has the harmony modes from the Bass Whammy apparently (not that I use them)

I'd like to test the WH-4 against the WH-5. The WH-4 is OK on bass but the sound is thinner than the XP-100. I'd say the tracking is similar.

ive used the Wh1, the whammy II and the whammy IV, all work the same on bass but the newer ones sound a little more "dry" than the old one.

if you want polyphonic pitch shifting/harmonies i'd look into the new whammy 5
[url="http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/whammy-5th-gen"]http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/whammy-5th-gen[/url]

otherwise, i'd recommend getting a line6 M5 (or above) and setting up your own pitch shifters with an external expression pedal, you can dial in any combination of shifts/harmonies you want, and can cover the stuff from the old bass whammy too (plus you get trillions of other effects), i've had best results doing this.

all the whammy pedals ive tried track the same on bass, the only difference for the bass whammy was settings if i remember correctly.

I've got the whammy V and it's fantastic, only thing I would say is that some of the Ocatve features sound fairly synthy, but still, a great purchase. Oh and don't buy it from America, even if it initially looks cheaper because you have to pay all those import fees and wait about 4 weeks....