Why become a member? ×

SALE Tech Soundsystems ND6x10XT Offers!

I'm stepping back from the rock gigs that I've done for the past lifetime and for the acoustic style gigs that I have planned my cab is going to be 'TOTAL' overkill! I know that I can turn it down etc and it really does have a small footprint, which I doubt I can reduce with any other cab combination but I feel that a pair of small cabs would suit my needs better.

My cab (more pics to follow later when the batteries charge). The spec is available on the Tech Soundsystem website but essentially it is an ND610XT; 2100 watt, 6ohm, 105db, 6 x 10, 30kg (66lb) cab with attenuated/switchable horn (can be switched off remotely with a standard footswitch) that has tilt and roll casters.

I'm initially looking for a pair of full-range 8 ohm cabs, preferably 2x10 but I wouldn't dismiss others. The only cabs that would be of any interest to me would have to be lighter than my current cab (individually not combined as I doubt that could be achieved) and of similar high quality construction. I will not compromise on quality... I want cabs of equal standard to this cab.

If I could source a pair of appropriate cabs I would sell this outright for £750 BUT I have gigging commitments so I'd not be able to sell unless I had a firm confirmation of replacements. I believe that I'm the only one this forum with one of these cabs, though owners of the few other Tech cabs should be able to vouch for the superb tone and transportability of this manufacturer's cabs.

I reserve the right to be a complete ars*hole and change my mind... but not until I've considered all options :)

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='196359' date='May 11 2008, 09:53 AM']I think I'd prefer to explore the pair of 2x10's first but... Is the Epi the L or R version?[/quote]

Ignore my Q re. L / R... I was thinking Schroeder :)

[quote name='metaltime' post='196362' date='May 11 2008, 09:57 AM']I want but alas i cant have.

I tried this cab and it sounded amazing AMAZING AMAZING

good luck[/quote]

Cheers mate :huh:

Hope the MB is serving you well!

I want to cry! - Seeing the Tech's I used to own was bad enough, but trying not to think about the 6x10 version is agony!!! These cabs are amazing!

Good luck, I hope you don't have to part with this awesome cab. I do actually miss the sound of mine.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='196371' date='May 11 2008, 10:11 AM']There is a pair of Accugroove Tri-112's for sale.[/quote]
Thank you Mr Ferret.
I do fancy a change but it's up to Mr Hunt. I am selling the AccuGrooves so I can try something different, I've got my eye on TerryK's Berg but I also quite fancy whynot's Tech cab. This 6x10 would be cool too.
Are you interested Mr Hunt?
Steve.

[quote name='mikeh' post='196368' date='May 11 2008, 10:06 AM']If it was a schroeder it'd be the L version. Only weighs 47lb. Good luck with the sale anyway.[/quote]
I'm not discounting this possibility Mike as the weight is right.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='196371' date='May 11 2008, 10:11 AM']There is a pair of Accugroove Tri-112's for sale.[/quote]
Had they not been at the other end of the country they could well have been high on my list if no 10's appear, especially as Dave Funk rates these with his amps.

[quote name='dood' post='196404' date='May 11 2008, 10:56 AM']I want to cry! - Seeing the Tech's I used to own was bad enough, but trying not to think about the 6x10 version is agony!!! These cabs are amazing!

Good luck, I hope you don't have to part with this awesome cab. I do actually miss the sound of mine.[/quote]
Sorry to do this to you dood :huh:

I knew you'd spot this and wonder 'what-if'! You never know it may end up with a bassist near you and you can stack the Epi and this together :)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='196412' date='May 11 2008, 11:06 AM']Thank you Mr Ferret.
I do fancy a change but it's up to Mr Hunt. I am selling the AccuGrooves so I can try something different, I've got my eye on TerryK's Berg but I also quite fancy whynot's Tech cab. This 6x10 would be cool too.
Are you interested Mr Hunt?
Steve.[/quote]
You trumped me before I could answer :)

PMd as I imagine communication could get confusing at the speed I can type :huh:

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='196442' date='May 11 2008, 11:49 AM']hey man, what's the f/s price... I can't find them new for love not money and the only cab I can find on their site is the ND610S not XT?[/quote]

I knew someone on here had been looking for one (just about to check my old emails) for a while... you'll have an idea of the price from your research and I may well have given you the low-down on the trials and tribulations of my getting one, so base any offer upon that BUT I do have to say that I either need something lined up (concrete not a vague offer to sell/buy) to purchase before I sell! Hence the feeler for trades :)

Being a fellow Tech cab owner I must give this a bump. These cabs are excellent.
If I needed a bigger backline than I use now I would have taken a day out to drive up and buy it.
I think Dood should fill up his tank and go for this.

[quote name='whynot' post='208399' date='May 28 2008, 09:26 PM']Being a fellow Tech cab owner I must give this a bump. These cabs are excellent.
If I needed a bigger backline than I use now I would have taken a day out to drive up and buy it.
I think Dood should fill up his tank and go for this.[/quote]

Cheers mate. Had Dood not already had an Epi 6x10 I've a sneaking suspicion he may well have done :)

Funnily enough I may well be going to Leicester this weekend if anyone wanted to meet!

[quote name='whynot' post='208399' date='May 28 2008, 09:26 PM']Being a fellow Tech cab owner I must give this a bump. These cabs are excellent.
I think Dood should fill up his tank and go for this.[/quote]

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='208464' date='May 28 2008, 10:35 PM']Cheers mate. Had Dood not already had an Epi 6x10 I've a sneaking suspicion he may well have done :huh:

Funnily enough I may well be going to Leicester this weekend if anyone wanted to meet![/quote]

hey guys!!!! :) it PAINS me to see this cab for sale!!! I LOVED my techs cabs.. and kick myself for selling them.. this one would be awesome I am SURE! and you are right, had I have not got the wonderful Epi' 6x10 I would have this one like a shot!

Serious bargain for the pinnacle of German engineering!

I'd better leave before i start drooling at the pic!

I'm not about to start playing 'Bid Down BassChat' with the price but I'll come down to £725 if it'll induce a quicker sale.

If you want the new version, which they redesigned as the model that I have was too expensive to produce, then there is one on eBay in Germany @ £1170 +shipping from Germany.

If you live in the NE and are interested in hearing it then I'm gigging it at The County in South Shields tonight.

Come on guys and gals... hit me with any offers on this as I've committed to a couple of purchases and I can only hide so much stuff before SWMBO spots it! I feel an offer of a shoe shopping trip coming on :)

Owen has sold his 6x10 and this is a fraction of that weight :huh:

Partner this cab with a good preamp and something like Dood's Powersoft power-amp and you'd potentially never want for more headroom or tone ever again!

I have the replacement cabs for this now so it'd be a shame to have this sitting around.

BTW it is light enough that it'll go via a courier and not cost silly money.