Why become a member? ×

SALE Tech Soundsystems ND6x10XT Offers!

[quote name='steve-soar' post='217076' date='Jun 11 2008, 06:09 PM']Hi there, Mister Aggi cabs owner, how are you getting on with them?[/quote]

Different :huh:

2x12 v 6x10... it was always going to be a compromise. I like the tone of them, though I'd find them totally unusable without the tweeter. When I first plugged in and played I thought 'Nice, wonder what they're like with a bit more tweeter on', it was on full :) I turned the tweeter off and I was shocked, that was a no go area. My Tech cab with the tweeter turned off completely, sounds like the Aggies with the tweeter at 50%.

The general tone is pretty much nice and old school with a bit of a dip in the mid and a full bottom end. The Tech is pretty much flat until you start to drive it then it fattens up, whereas the Aggies tightened up when I turned the wick up.

Even at a 4 ohm load they needed a bit more from the amp than my 6 ohm Tech cab does. Part of that could be to do with the fact that the Tech cab has speakers at toe and chest height whereas the Aggies are firing everything below the knees never mind waist :huh: I knew what the weight of them was before getting them but it is surprising how heavy the little beggars are... combined they are almost 50% again as much weight as my 6x10 Tech cab!

I need to get rid of this Tech cab otherwise all I'm going to do is constantly make comparisons between the Aggies and the Tech. Oddly enough I'm using the Tech at rehearsal tomorrow and I'm likely to gig it rather than the Aggies this weekend for my penultimate gig with the rock band :huh: It has to go before I change my mind as the acoustic thing is going to look bloody silly with me sitting on a stool leaning against a 6x10 whilst a guitarist strums away on an electro-acoustic through an ickle Trace acoustic with his vocal mic plugged into the same combo :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='217094' date='Jun 11 2008, 06:32 PM']....a guitarist strums away on an electro-acoustic through an ickle Trace acoustic with his vocal mic plugged into the same combo....[/quote]
You're using 2 12's for an (electro) acoustic duo? Isn't that a bit loud? I use a 1 12 and still have to turn the amp right down.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='217147' date='Jun 11 2008, 07:54 PM']Is there any way you can get them off the floor to hear them, without them looking like hifi speakers?

Do you think they would loose any bottom end off the deck?[/quote]

I think lifting them off the deck a short distance (or angling them) may well help and I don't think at lowish volumes the loss of bottom end will be a huge issue (possibly beneficial for the acoustic guitarist) especially if I'm just using one.

[quote name='chris_b' post='217156' date='Jun 11 2008, 08:11 PM']You're using 2 12's for an (electro) acoustic duo? Isn't that a bit loud? I use a 1 12 and still have to turn the amp right down.[/quote]

Sorry I should have clarified that I won't be using the 2 cabs with the acoustic duo! It's just that I bought the pair as a package and I'd like to keep the second cab for future needs, in fact just tonight there has been mention of a drummer being incorporated into some gigs. I also get called upon to dep for other bands occasionally and these are predominantly rock gigs.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='218497' date='Jun 13 2008, 06:52 PM']Well at least I can pop down the road to try it out now. :huh:[/quote]
how rude :huh: your supposed to be polite and ask first :huh: no problem Steve,and if i dont like it(which i,m sure i will),i,m certain your lovely missus wont mind you taking it off my hands :)