Why become a member? ×

NBD - Letts Fretless 6

andydye

[size=4]Arrived this morning (so I was slightly late for work :blush: )![/size]

[size=4]It's a [/size][size=4]Macassar Ebony fingerboard, AAA flame maple top (with silver stain), Honduras mahogany/wenge neck and body, MM pickup, passive electronics, vol & tone, simples![/size]

sexy bass on the bed photos
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_dye/sets/72157631997960244/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_dye/sets/72157631997960244/[/url]

I've only had chance to try it acoustically but it's got serious resonance across all the strings, loads of fretless warmth / mwah, seriously amazing, this is the nicest most 'me' fretless bass I've ever had!

It's really really light too, I'll forget I'm playing it if I'm not careful and it balances perfectly!!

Hopefully get to plug it in tonight and give it a proper go :D

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1352819641' post='1867820']
I wouldn't know where to start if I was playing a 6er but that is gorgeous. My 5s are enough of a handful (no pun intended) already! But yes, if I ever happen to have some dosh to spare, I could do much worse than throw it at Letts with an order for a nice lefty 5er... :gas: :sun_bespectacled:
[/quote]

Glad you likey :D

I didn't know whether I'd cope with 6 rather than my usual 5 but actually I have no problem playing them at all, for years I thought I hted 6 string basses but it was just that I'd never tried one with a nice enough neck before! I can now play more notes per position and can be really lazy and not move my hand around nearly so much, hurrah! B)

[quote name='Prunesquallor' timestamp='1352825661' post='1867992']
Wow, just wow!
You've got yourself a hot pair of basses, there. GAS now sorted?
[/quote]

Glad you likey, I'm very happy with them both (is an understatement!) :D

I might [i]need[/i] a cheapy for knock about practices :blush: mebbe a squier cv or summat similar but bass wise my big guns are definately sorted matey yes!!

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1352838524' post='1868258']
Whats with the odd string?

A
[/quote]

He had a bit of a pickle finding strings to fit, they're all rotosound and sound fine together which is ok for now, I'll replace them withnsomething more to my liking when these die.

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1352838801' post='1868267']
He had a bit of a pickle finding strings to fit, they're all rotosound and sound fine together which is ok for now, I'll replace them withnsomething more to my liking when these die.
[/quote]

Ha! I know how he feels!! Im guessing they are flats? The top B looks like it anyway with that red silk. I realy like them. What was the prob? Finding a 6er set? gauge? length? Fantastic build btw :D Real attention to detail. Good choice ;)

A