Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 2011 Fender MIA Jazz in mint condition

Linus27

**** NOW SOLD *****

For sale is my mint condition MIA Fender Jazz in Olympic white with rosewood neck and tort scratchplate. I bought it brand new from Bass Merchant in May 2011 and has only been used once at an acoustic gig for 30 minutes and a few times at home. It comes complete with the Fender hardcase, tools, tags, owners manual, strap, lead, cloth etc. In fact the accessories bag has not even been opened. The reason I am parting with it is I don't really play that much anymore and just play my Warwick's.

I am looking for £725 which includes postage. Collection is also available and I am happy to meet some of the way. I am in Surrey so any trial/inspection is welcome. Please find below some pictures. If you require any others then just ask.

This bass really is in mint condition and like brand new so grab yourself a bargain.

I am also willing to trade for a Musicman Stingray Unlined Fretless in either white, tobacco sunburst or black. May consider other colours so let me know what you have.

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1352398030' post='1862602']
when I saw you had a jazz for sale I got excited - then saw it was this one not the ESP ;)

(which isn't to say this isn't an amzing bass!)
[/quote]

HAHA yes my ESP will never be sold I'm afraid. Too much sentimental value to be sold :)

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1352436634' post='1863017']
Linus you old dog, that looks wonderful!!

You still got my MM?
[/quote]

Hey Tom,

Thanks, its a cracking bass but I just don't play much these days. Kind of retiring from it after 25 years and moving onto new adventures. Yep still got the MM. Again, will never sell that along with the ESP as they both have sentimental value for me. Got my two Warwick Streamers which are go to basses as well as the Stingray. Might be selling my Oly white MIA Precision as well as this Jazz.

[quote name='jcater' timestamp='1352801922' post='1867484']
PS Is it through body stringing?

If you were selling the precission and Jazz did you have a price in mind for the 2?
[/quote]

Hiya Jeff,

Yes, the Jazz is a through body but the Fender bridge lets you string through the bridge also if you wanted.

The reason I am giving up is I have played for 25 years which is from the age of 17 to 42. Pretty much most of my younger years. I've had a record deal and played tons of gigs and most genre's of music. I have achieved every thing I ever wanted to achieve as a bass player/musician and in all honesty, the fire in my belly has gone. I have two kids, a wife and just fancy having some new adventures and doing something else with the rest of my life. I am never going to better what I have achieved and can look back happy with what I have done but its now time to move on to something new. I am keeping my dream basses (Stingray and Warwick's) to just tinker with at home and at a friends studio when he wants me to put some bass down.

I've not though about a price for the Precision but I would guess around £650. If you wanted the the Jazz and the Precision then maybe £1300. The Precision is also Olympic white and comes with the Fender hardcase, strap, spare pickguard, manuel, tools etc and is in mint condition. I can upload pictures of that also or send you piccies if you are unable to see them on here.

Edited by Linus27

• 2 weeks later...