Why become a member? ×

Alembic Rogue 5 - Birdseye Maple Top - ON HOLD

mrbassman_de

I'm selling my Alembic Rogue 5 with a wonderful Birdseye Maple top. This bass is stunning in sound and look ! Born in '97 it was very well cared for until today so it is still in great shape. There is a small scratch on the back and some minor hair scratches on the the lower side of the body. Very very small fading on the parts of the bridge - you won't notice it without a closer look. Everything else is like new - the brass parts, the finish, the frets, the knobs, the OHSC ...

It provides a huge B especially with the bass switch turned to boost.

The bass weighs freaking low 4.2 kg ! I have never touched a full scale Alembic with less weight !

The pics are shown as shot with the Canon lens without any changes.

Bass comes with original hardcase, nothing else.

I'm asking 2.500 Euro firm for it plus shipping. Bass comes from 40547 Duesseldorf / Germany.

No trades at the moment. More (and high res) pics on request.

Edited by mrbassman_de

I received this bass in a trade and never spent more than a few minutes with it - until today. This bass is really rockin' and a slapper's delight ! I used to own a Series 2 Alembic and that bass sounded a little bit "electric" for me. The Rogue has a different timbre. More towards a Celinder with a quick response and a midrange that cuts in the mix. No glassy highs or boomy lows.

Players who love a more chunky Preci-like neck but with a modern Celinder-like sound should give this a try. The Rogue plays comfortable and hangs balanced on the strap. And it weighs 4.2 kg !

Open for offers.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='mrbassman_de' timestamp='1352396018' post='1862567']
Thanks to all of you :-)))

I forgot to mention the scale: It is a comfortable 34' !!
[/quote]

34' scale length; might be a bit of a stretch for me. ;)

'tis a beauty though.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1354874571' post='1891403']
34' scale length; might be a bit of a stretch for me. ;)

'tis a beauty though.
[/quote]

:lol:
Really ? "It's all in your hands" (today mostly unknown bass player)

I thought double quotes are for double basses only B)

OK, let's say 34" ... we in Germany are usually not well experienced in UK units, not to say I'm a bit sloppy using them ... mea culpa !

Thanks anyway for posting :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1359324163' post='1953175']
Mint, with scratches and fading hardware... :rolleyes: Still an extremely beautiful bass!
[/quote]

I have dropped the word MINT from the post. Satisfied ?

I only wanted to post everything about the bass which a potential buyer should know. But basically it is - in my eyes - in MINT condition. ... Perhaps I should write showroom condition ?

Anyway. I am not in a rhetoric workshop here... I think you all get the point from the description.

[quote name='mrbassman_de' timestamp='1359326464' post='1953223']
I have dropped the word MINT from the post. Satisfied ?

I only wanted to post everything about the bass which a potential buyer should know. But basically it is - in my eyes - in MINT condition. ... Perhaps I should write showroom condition ?

Anyway. I am not in a rhetoric workshop here... I think you all get the point from the description.
[/quote]

The rolly eyes was meant to show my light-heartedness. No offence meant!