Why become a member? ×

Formatting problems with IE & Windows 8

chaypup

yep me too. I thought i was the only one. No new paragraphs can be started, looks like Im a mad speed fiend if i make a long post, with no paragraphing :) I made a post about it several months back nobody else seemed to know what i was on about. As Rab C Nesbit said. when spying a kindred spirit "[i]Hands across the sea! Hands across the sea"[/i]

Edited by daz

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1352161340' post='1859657']
IE is the best browser to use to download other browsers! - Firefox & Chrome are miles better!
[/quote]

I'm using Chrome for Basschat but it doesn't work with Facebook or a whole load of other sites, and Firefox
has too many security issues for me to download that.

Any chance of a fix for IE9? :)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1353050610' post='1870877']
I should be getting my win8 machine today so Ill see what happens.

Im still curious as to which ie it is though as win8 theres 2 different types. One of which I can see being far more likely to have issues
[/quote]
Ok how do I tell which it is?

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1353053891' post='1870908']
....?
[/quote]

Using Google Chrome I can't comment on Facebook or view pictures and the format of the page os ker-azy.

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1353066578' post='1871126']
Using Google Chrome I can't comment on Facebook or view pictures and the format of the page os ker-azy.
[/quote]

Chrome and FB is fine everywhere I've seen it. I'm starting to think there's an underlying issue with your computer which is just being displayed differently through different browsers.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1353067591' post='1871150']
Chrome and FB is fine everywhere I've seen it. I'm starting to think there's an underlying issue with your computer which is just being displayed differently through different browsers.
[/quote]
[quote name='Nico@Bass' timestamp='1352131373' post='1859123']
I also having problems with internet explorer on my Windows Phone as you describe...
[/quote]
[quote name='daz' timestamp='1352063175' post='1858385']
yep me too. I thought i was the only one. No new paragraphs can be started, looks like Im a mad speed fiend if i make a long post, with no paragraphing :) I made a post about it several months back nobody else seemed to know what i was on about. As Rab C Nesbit said. when spying a kindred spirit "[i]Hands across the sea! Hands across the sea"[/i]
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the reality is Microsoft have screwed everyone over with ie10 making it incompatible with certain formats of site, to the extent that certain sites actually block ie or charge extra if youre buying something there and using ie. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future updates but theyve truly screwed a lot of sites doing this