Why become a member? ×

Tiny Mooer effects - discount code

Ancient Mariner

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' timestamp='1353777490' post='1878415']
How does it sound to you? I'm debating over this or the Reecho (which I'm leaning toward, already having a Carbon Copy which does the dark analogue repat thing, and looking to replace the PB&J on the board).
[/quote]

No idea. It's a present for a friend. Personally I wouldn't buy a delay device that didn't have at least one of the following - delay time read out in ms, tap tempo, MIDI clock control - and preferably all three.

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' timestamp='1353696301' post='1877648']I'm probably going to place an order from WTFaccessories shortly, and they also have a discount code that is especially effect if you buy 2+ pedals together using their bundle deal.
[/quote]

I hadn't looked at the bundles before but this one is particularly effective: http://www.wtfaccessories.com/bundle-4pcs-joyo-pedals-jf-01-jf-39.html

Just to try it, I put together a sample order and the mooers came out at just under £23 per pedal .... provided you wanted 4.

At that price, if you took a risk on something, I'd say there's a fair chance of flipping an unwanted pedal on eBay and recovering all your costs :)

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' timestamp='1353790678' post='1878570']
Fairy snuff. That kind of thing has never really been my bag.
[/quote]

Sorry - I realise that my reply came over as somewhat grumpy. The pedal is going to be used mainly for slap-back effects and for that price it'll probably be fantastic. However having used programmable and/or sync-able effects for more than 20 years now I personally couldn't ever go back to something so primitive. Any time based effect IMO needs to have some way to easily synchronise it to match the tempo of the song. A simple rate knob is not at all the best way to do this.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1353846102' post='1878885']
Sorry - I realise that my reply came over as somewhat grumpy. The pedal is going to be used mainly for slap-back effects and for that price it'll probably be fantastic. However having used programmable and/or sync-able effects for more than 20 years now I personally couldn't ever go back to something so primitive. Any time based effect IMO needs to have some way to easily synchronise it to match the tempo of the song. A simple rate knob is not at all the best way to do this.
[/quote]

No worries - didn't take it like that.

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' timestamp='1353796498' post='1878632']
Well, having finally decided what to buy etc etc (Reecho, Elec lady, compressor, trelicopter plus 3 Joyo preamp pedals) tried to place the order only to find key pedals out of stock. Grrrr. So the 3 Joyos and an elec lady are ordered from WTF accessories. The Trelicopter etc will have to wait.
[/quote]

Really interested in the Elec Lady. Please review it when it arrives :)

I ordered them for my guitarist friend, but gave them a quick whirl when they arrived, also had a Orange Ninety (The Phase90 copy) come from eBay (new for £30).
They're all great to be fair, Green Mile has better low-end retention than the Hustle Drive I had previously, although only in the Warm setting, nice tube screamer-esque overdrive.
The Ana Echo is cool, although not quite as sweet as my DM-3 or my guitarists DM-2 (slightly unfair comparison perhaps), decent analogue delay though!
The Phaser was my fave though, really nice tone, not many options, like the Phase90, but sounds great!!

Si

Thanks for that. I have some great effects on my board and very little space, but there's always that temptation to try new stuff. So far I've identified 8 of these I would happily use if they were good.

And money were no object.

:(

Seriously, grateful for what I do have, but as my grandmother used to say, much always wants mooer.

Just received my shipment from WTF, ordered Sunday (9 days ago) including the Elec Lady and 3 of the preamp Tech 21 style pedals.

10 min jam with guitar (not tried bass yet) and the Elec Lady is OK, but needs the settings to be controlled carefully not to create high pitched sybillant sounds. It's pretty good, but not a warm-sounding effect - to put it in context though, no worse than the Boss BF2 I used to have and would probably sound better through a darker amp. With fuzz/drive it does the classic flanger jet tone really well, and could earn it's place just on that alone if I were in a band that used those sounds. It will stay for now.

Not sure when I'll get a chance to try it 'in anger' - we'll have to see.

Slightly OT, but with the last order I also got some of those Joyo Tech21 style pre-amp clones: American, British and California Sound = Fender, Marshall and Boogie. I've not tried them with bass yet, but with guitar through a bass amp (i.e. full range, so like a PA & direct input for recording) they made everything much more guitar-like. I especially like the American Sound - really nice and fat, genuinely Fendery sounding and able to cover a wide range of clean and mildly overdriven tones. The British sounds a bit flat clean and crunches up really well when driven - just like a Marshall! The California was more modern sounding than the American when clean, but I had to stop before cranking it because of 'complaints' about noise indoors.

I don't know how good these are compared with the Tech21 pedals, but if they were better I'd actually seriously consider buying one! I'll next try recording through one of these soon and also try it as a preamp instead of the usual preamp in my Tech21 Trademark 60. The only failure so far is the size of the battery compartment - it was really hard to squeeze a battery in there, and I left it sticking out so I'd have something to pull when it came to take it out.

These are £24 + P&P from Thomann or the 3 from WTFaccessories for about £60. But the Thomann American sound is bright orange, while mine is a lovely copper colour. :)

Edited by Ancient Mariner