Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray Classic 5 **SOLD**

Rumple

I got this in a trade recently and although there are things I love about it and prefer to my SR5's not least the radius of the neck, classic looks and the simple 2 band eq this superb bass is just not quit right for me so I thought I'd see if anyone wants to take it off my hands, I'm certainly not desperate to sell it.

It's in excellent almost new condition apart from one very small ding - pictured, come with string mutes (not fitted at the moment) and fitted MM case.

It owes me £1300 for that I'll include UK delivery, if you want to collect it from SE London then I'll knock a little off the asking price.

There's not much I want so trades are restricted to a pre 74 Fender Jazz bass, Aguilar Tone Hammer 500, Sandberg Jazz 5.

[attachment=121646:P1000635a lr.jpg]

[attachment=121647:P1000642 lr.jpg]

Edited by Rumple

Fantastic basses. I have the exact same instrumant in tobacco sunburst, and it is so reminiscent of a pre-EB Stingray I had years ago, which I foolishly sold when I was too skint to pay the rent one month! I've owned several standard SR 5's over the years, but the Classic just has a juicier tone. Great price too. Good luck with the sale.

I think the SR5 should of been known as the Silouhette bass as its more like the guitar than the Ray that said I like mine too, it should of looked like the Classic but with the modern contours IMO.

Anyway I really want your Classic but I cant find any cash, aint it always the way? I bought Anthomps pre EB when I should really of bought this! :) now I want both.............

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1351717812' post='1854681']
I wonder if having a Classic 5 would make me want to get rid of my pre EB's and normal SR5's though?
[/quote]

I doubt it mate! And even if it did, you'd be back on basschat buying more anyway! :P

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1351717812' post='1854681']
I wonder if having a Classic 5 would make me want to get rid of my pre EB's and normal SR5's though?
[/quote]

Keep the Pre EB's that for sure.

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1351730268' post='1854842']
I doubt it mate! And even if it did, you'd be back on basschat buying more anyway! :P
[/quote] This is true :lol:
[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1351756617' post='1854904']
Keep the Pre EB's that for sure.
[/quote]
Your meant to be trying to sell me your bass not talking me out of it! :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1351792909' post='1855525']

Your meant to be trying to sell me your bass not talking me out of it! :)
[/quote]

It's not like I couldn't live with keeping it ;) it's just got to the point where the spare room door won't open because of all the bass cases behind it :D

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dodge_bass' timestamp='1352833399' post='1868139']
anything else you might be interested in trading / part-trading this for?
[/quote]

To be honest I'm trying to clear some space so would rather sell outright, the only things over and above what is listed above I can think of is a MM Sterling 5 or maybe a G&L Tribute L2500.