Why become a member? ×

Part JV Squier on e-bay

bassmoof

Has anyone else seen the JV issue Squire on e-bay ?
It has no pups, controls, knobs, and still there are people claiming its worth £900 to £1000
It doesn't even have photos to show its neck pocket stamp to show whether its an export model or not. Its also quite late on in the production run at 69,000

Surely this should be worth no more than £300 in this condition?

Is this model really rare/that valuable?

[i]Out of interest I asked if they would remove the neck screws and take a photo of the neck pocket and heel date.[/i]
[i]They refused, on the grounds that they didn't want to damage it?[/i]
[i]They also said that their brother in law (who has owned guitars since the sixties) checked the neck out.[/i]
[i]So maybe they are not as clueless as they at first appear.[/i]
[i]The neck does look right, but I'd prefer to see the proof. [/i]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]How much do JV Squiers go for with non-original pickups and controls/wiring.... £600 maybe? Which would make this worth £400 max?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We shall see.[/font][/color]

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1350684776' post='1842418']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]How much do JV Squiers go for with non-original pickups and controls/wiring.... £600 maybe? Which would make this worth £400 max?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We shall see.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
I reckon it will finish shy of £400, anymore and it's gettin dodge. I hate when I'm biddin on something and you get to the point where any more is too much but you could justify a few more quid if the maybes work out. So a bid a little more and still some body outbids ya. Makes me feel empty inside like I've given a piece of me away but it still wasn't enough. Some red wines really make me talk a lot of sh*t.

The best bit of the story is they picked it up at a car boot fair (Baylands) for £?
Too far for me to travel to, so I am off to my nearest one this Sunday....just in case Ha!
So they stand to make a decent return, whatever it goes for!
£350 max IMHO, anymore and you've got far too much money.

[quote name='bassmoof' timestamp='1350732418' post='1842780']
The best bit of the story is they picked it up at a car boot fair (Baylands) for £?
Too far for me to travel to, so I am off to my nearest one this Sunday....just in case Ha!
So they stand to make a decent return, whatever it goes for!
£350 max IMHO, anymore and you've got far too much money.
[/quote]
Fooking car boots, heard about a guy who bought a Rolex worth £8000 at a car boot. Make ya sick.

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1350821875' post='1843788']
It went for £488! I think they played a shrewd auction with this one, I hope whoever gets it isn't disappointed. I bought a mint one last year for less than that which I sold on.....for less than that. :(
[/quote]
Pls let me know when that happens again! :)

wow, a late late JV squier - with no gubbins for almost £500! I mean that's not a collectors piece is it!

EDIT: Oh and I would have put money on the bits there being genuine. (not £500 obviously)

Edited by LukeFRC