Why become a member? ×

A 2x12 cab for my Littlemark 800 tube?

Pbassred

I'd recommend the Barefaced Super Twelve T, it's really punchy, super light, goes as loud as you'd ever need. It responds really well to EQ changes on the amp/bass unlike some other cabs so you can really get a totally different sound with the twist of a few dials. I've got the tweeterless version but it still has all the highs I'd ever need.

Johnny

+1 the Super12, I've got the 'T' with the tweeter but to be honest has more highs than I'll ever need so its rolled off halfway.

I'd say compared to a lot of cabs they are relatively flat sounding (in terms of colouration) so whatever you put in from your amp you'll get out - without anything missing. Great if you have a good sounding amp, but some amps are specifically designed to go with the speakers from the same manufacturer (TC springs to mind). Also a lot of cabs seem to have a dip in the mid range, which is great for HiFi speakers as everything sounds very pleasant, but put them in a band scenario and you'll always be turning up to hear yourself.

So depending on the amp you have, you might find the Barefaced a bit too honest! The good news is that with an EQ adjustment you should be able to get whatever sound you want, but don't expect it to sound like any other cab on the market. It took me a couple of gigs to get used to hearing myself really clearly wherever I was on stage without blasting out the rest of the band.

I run my Genz Shuttle amp completely flat with my Super12 (tweeter rolled off halfway) - the amps a bit clinical but the cab is monster, its a one hand carry/wheel to the car and it fits in my tiny boot too.

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1350035612' post='1833730']
I'd say compared to a lot of cabs they are relatively flat sounding (in terms of colouration) so whatever you put in from your amp you'll get out - without anything missing. Great if you have a good sounding amp, but some amps are specifically designed to go with the speakers from the same manufacturer (TC springs to mind). Also a lot of cabs seem to have a dip in the mid range, which is great for HiFi speakers as everything sounds very pleasant, but put them in a band scenario and you'll always be turning up to hear yourself.

So depending on the amp you have, you might find the Barefaced a bit too honest! The good news is that with an EQ adjustment you should be able to get whatever sound you want, but don't expect it to sound like any other cab on the market. It took me a couple of gigs to get used to hearing myself really clearly wherever I was on stage without blasting out the rest of the band.

I run my Genz Shuttle amp completely flat with my Super12 (tweeter rolled off halfway) - the amps a bit clinical but the cab is monster, its a one hand carry/wheel to the car and it fits in my tiny boot too.
[/quote]

...and this ^^^ is why I want an S12T at some point!

I recently picked up a Markbass club600f32. It's like the NY122 but front ported. I absolutely love it. I'm coming from a 102p 2x10. It is much bigger and bulkier (25kg). But so worth it for the sound. Very loud and transparent with a lot of low end and a much better tweeter than the smaller cabs. I'm using it with a LMIII.

The Gallien Krueger 2x12 neo is a cracking cab. Well worth a look at. I would think it would match rather well with a Markbass amp as their EQ strengths are different and therefore complementary.
Cheaper than anything else suggested too ! Also very light