Why become a member? ×

Birth year bass!

sshorepunk

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1349853097' post='1831218']
Your wish is my suggestion ...

[url="http://s1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/h4ppyjack/Basses%20CURRENT/Fender%20Precision%201957%20CURRENT/"]http://s1128.photobu...1957%20CURRENT/[/url]
[/quote]

Very nice indeed!

• 1 month later...

Just browsing this thread and drooling over all the 50's p basses I have just realised that I kinda have a birth year bass and had never realised the significance! :dash1:
Back in 1992 (I think) I bought, new,my current p bass a japanese '57 reissue, Black with white scratch plate and maple neck...the serial number says it was made in 1989 but thats just confusing !!.......I love it even if it is very "neck heavy" ......It's the closest I will ever get to a 1957 bass!

i guess i'm both lucky and unlucky in equal measures, i'm 1981 so a usa fender is a bit of a minefield, but luckily the japanese were making some great basses so i picked up a defretted Aria Cardinal which is an '81, the only problem is that i'm not a fretless player and as the scale is different to all my other basses i find it very difficult to play, i'm toying with either getting it re-fretted or finding another japanese 81 bass an Aria SB would fit the bill nicely as would a Westone thunder. or for a USA bass a Peavey T-40, or possibly all 3!

Matt

Just bought my Y.O.B... Ever since buying my first bass and seeing one on the wall, I've always wanted a Fender '75 Reissue Jazz with Ash body and rosewood 'board with pearloid block inlays. Then one popped up the other day and it happened to be my Y.O.B. (1985). A beautiful 1985 MIJ '75 Reissue. Grasping at the idea of 'fate' playing some part, I convinced the better half and snapped it up.

My dream bass and a vintage bass in the making (only about 10 more years to go!). Result :)

Edited by skej21