Why become a member? ×

Beeswax - Any particular brand?

El Bajo

ive used [url="http://www.briwax.com/"][b]briwax[/b][/url] brand- it is beeswax mixed with solvents to make it 'spreadable' (used to be toluene but think its been replaced by something less noxious these days)

it soaks into raw wood very fast and will polish up nice and shiney once the wax has settled and hardened

'El Bajo'
Afternoon all, Hope you're having a nice Sunday.

I have a Wawick and I'd like to give the body a nice rub down. The Warwicks own brand costs a £10, but is just ordinary Beeswax? If so can I not just take a trip to B & Q?

If so does anybody know of any good brands to use?

MB1. B)
The Warwick wax(Surface Finisher) is "reasuringly expensive" and will after several light applications turn a Warwick Thumb bass glassy
Quality Stuff, smells nice and worth the extra coin( keep a cloth solely for the wax in a sealable plastic bag and itll last for ages)...I still use it and dont own a Warwick.

I've used Lord Sheraton's Balm on my recent refinish, as recommended by my furniture-restoring neighbour.

It's beeswax cut with white spirit and linseed oil.

Seems to work pretty well, creamy consistency that's very easy to apply and doesn't dry sticky at all.

Only time will tell on it's durability, though!