Why become a member? ×

SOLD

james

My 1974 Natural Jazz Bass for sale. The bass is in good condition for a 38 year old bass with plenty of life in the frets. The only major mark is under the scratch plate where it looks like a knife gouge (why and how I don't know) but must have taken off the scratch plate to do it!!!!! The strap buttons have been replaced with Dunlop strap locks as well and don't have the originals. The pots are dated 73 but has the thumb rest in 74 position(above the E string) as well as pearl block inlays and binding (I believe they were black until 74 on maple necks) The bass weighs 10lb (4.5kg) and comes in non original Fender Tweed case.

Thanks James

Edited by james

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1348846093' post='1819087']
Good old Fender and the dating issue for crossover years :lol:, have a nice jazz bump on me!
[/quote]
I'm no expert but there is a lot of info in the Hal-Leonard book the Fender Bass an illustrated history.

[quote name='Emanew' timestamp='1348925698' post='1819825']
Beautiful full blonde Bass and fair price.

Advice for James : beware the new 36h for sale items rules. :)
[/quote]
Thanks for the advice totally missed that sorry to all.
James

[quote name='simon1964' timestamp='1348841982' post='1819012']
That's beautiful!

Doesn't the four bolt neck make it more likely this is a '73? Lovely bass, whatever the date!

I don't suppose you're intersted in any pat trades with cash your way?
[/quote]
That's a beauty. I also have a1974 Natural Jazz Bass and just like that one it's a four bolt.