Why become a member? ×

1x15 + 1x12

Defo

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1347795296' post='1804990']
It wouldn't be my choice on te face of it but it depends how they are voiced as to whether they compliment each other or step over each others toes...
but if you like the sound, then ok...
[/quote]+1. Virtually any two cabs together will sound better than either alone, that's just the nature of how speakers work.
Whether or not any particular combination of mixed cabs will work better than a matched pair is a different story, being totally unpredictable, and unless you have actually tried the various permutations side by side you'll never know how cabs A+B compare to a pair of cab A or pair of cab B.

A few years back I had a 15" Ashdown EB180 combo, and supplemented it with the 12" version of the same Ashdown combo (except the amp was missing, so it was acting as a 12" extension), and they worked really well together. To be honest, if I hadn't found this site I'd probably still be happily gigging with them.

Later on in life I added a BF Midget to my Compact, and really did not get on with the pairing at all. The Midget gave me too much mid harshness (might not be the right word to use) that doesn't work for me. Changed it to a 2nd Compact and all was well with the world. Note that I have now gone back to a single Compact, as that seems to be all I will be needing in the near future...

• 2 weeks later...