Why become a member? ×

P or J

cheddatom

If your stuck between a P or a J.... easy [b]Get a PJ ![/b]

Mine is a US Lakland (better than new Fenders) Bob Glaub P body with a Joe Osborn J neck.
It has Lindy Fralin 'P' pick ups at the neck and Lindy fralin 'J' pick up at the bridge.

Have spent many years and a fortune trying to find 'my' ultimate bass and there it is.
Had various Ric's, Fenders, Warwicks, Status etc etc etc, but the Lakland is the dogs danglies.

P.s, could not vote as I'm torn between the two... but the J would probably just win it!

[quote name='Dusty' post='193577' date='May 7 2008, 02:51 AM']P.s, could not vote as I'm torn between the two... but the J would probably just win it![/quote]

Don't be such a pussy!

[quote name='bigjohn' post='193700' date='May 7 2008, 11:06 AM']I love my pj.

I've got two necks for it. One j and one p.

It's like doing twins.[/quote]

Awesome.

I hate their very existence.

Small bodied, long necked, ugly pieces of wood, usually in the hands of mulleted, German session musicians, who split they're time between World of Warcraft and fetish clubs...

OR..

Played my long haired geeks, who are still trying to upset their middle class parents at 35 years of age playing in "metal" bands to rapidly decreasing audiences, who also split their time between World of Warcraft and fetish clubs....

OR..

People who just like the sound of them and enjoy playing them.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='194058' date='May 7 2008, 05:33 PM']Played my long haired geeks, who are still trying to upset their middle class parents at 35 years of age playing in "metal" bands to rapidly decreasing audiences, who also split their time between World of Warcraft and fetish clubs....[/quote]

World of Warwick? :)

P for me - it's a proper man's bass!

J's are for failed guitarists, who fancy having a crack at something that is (hopefully) easier to play, due to having two less strings :)

Edited by nick

[quote name='nick' post='194154' date='May 7 2008, 07:47 PM']J's are for failed guitarists, who fancy having a crack at something that is (hopefully) easier to play, due to having two less strings :huh:[/quote]

That would sum me up perfectly tbh!!! :) :huh: ;) ;)

[quote name='Beedster' post='191050' date='May 3 2008, 08:17 AM']With a good PUP and good rig,you don't need the J-PUP, trust me :)[/quote]
With a good bass and good rig, you don't need the Fender.

:huh: ;) ;)