Why become a member? ×

A Heads Up If You're Looking At This Auction

Ashborygirl

I won the auction below last night. Within 3 minutes of the auction ending, the seller had refunded my payment & sent me a message saying the amp had packed up just after the auction ended.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gallien-Kreuger-MB115-/320970963292?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=GkMBhhPFehlqG04fR%2FaNsnQKxQE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gallien-Kreuger-MB115-/320970963292?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=GkMBhhPFehlqG04fR%2FaNsnQKxQE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc[/url]

Less than a day later it's fully functioning again & available for almost twice the original sale price. Form an orderly queue;

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320974732269"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320974732269[/url]

I have reported him for non-performance & eBay have issued him with a warning. Wooks is spot on though, I cannot force him to complete the deal although I could sue for breach of contract. Posting here was really just to warn BC'ers that the guy shouldn't be trusted & show them what the real market value of the amp is.

I've asked him if it is the same combo for which he has negative feedback? ;)

I got messed around with an identical situation regarding a new SAAB transponder key. Won it cheap and the guy ignored me for a week despite me paying immediately upon winning and then when I initiated action through paypal he refunded me saying it was lost... he relisted it 15 minutes after sending ebay the message about being lost. He then wanted me to retract my neg as he then claimed it was because my paypal payment looked dodgy, I said 'no' and then he responded to my feedback posting that he had multiple keys that's why it was relisted. Boiled my urine that he was telling so many stories but there is little you can do but leave negative feedback telling others what he has done!

[size=4]He's responded and said...[/size]

[size=4]"[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif]went to pack the amp and thought there was a problem. turned out to be the surge protected socked not the amp. I didn't want to send it off un;ess it was perfect - it is perfect and all in the original packing. Used about 6 times. The guy was upset and destroyed my 100% rating even though I was just doing what I thought was right."[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif]When he sussed the amp was OK could he not have offered it to the OP? ;)[/font][/color][/size]

I bought a bike the week it snowed - obviously the weather affected the bidding as I got an absolute bargain - fella tried to winge out of the deal by stating he would send it quicker if I withdrew my bid and we did the deal outside ebay....I know that if I had he would have had it back up for sale the next week hoping to get more than my closing bid...

If people have a minimum price in mind then they should set a reserve!!

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1346518675' post='1790202']

[size=4]"[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif]went to pack the amp and thought there was a problem. turned out to be the surge protected socked not the amp. I didn't want to send it off un;ess it was perfect - it is perfect and all in the original packing. Used about 6 times. The guy was upset and destroyed my 100% rating even though I was just doing what I thought was right."[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif]When he sussed the amp was OK could he not have offered it to the OP? ;)[/font][/color][/size]
[/quote]

Some people eh? What did he honestly expect Ashbory to do? Give him 100% for "doing what was right?" Even looking at his response I think any person with a brain cell would ask exactly the same question Warwick does here

Can you withdraw feedback? If so I'd message him saying you'll honour the original price you won and in exchange you'll restore his 100% feedback.

Edited by Soloshchenko

ebay will withdraw negative feedback if you threaten legal action and they think you mean it. Had it happen.

Although 100% positive feedback doesnt actually mean there are no negatives. Theres a negative on my account, left by someone who tried to rip me off and failed a couple of years ago, ebay wouldnt remove it, but with a little over 100 feedbacks. it still says 100% positive next to my name.

Personally, I dont set much store by feedback, and couldnt care less.

How about we collectively bombard the listing with stupid questions about whether its been reliable, stuff like that. Only nuisance value I know , but gets a bit of your own back.

Edited by BRANCINI

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1346531849' post='1790377']
I've posted a question asking if there are any issues with the amp and what the dispute is about - I wonder what his angle on this will be..
[/quote]

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1346518675' post='1790202']

[/quote]

[quote][color=#000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]Hi. It didn't need repairing - It was plugged in through a surge protected socket which was faulty. Nothing to do with the amp. I'm not technical and felt a bit stupid to be fair.[/size][/font][/color][/quote]

Seems fairly straight up as an answer not knowing the back story, guess he'll get a bit fed up of that question though.

Good morning guys!

I've received a request from the seller to revise my feedback! He obviously didn't realise that what he wrote to eBay would be copied to me so he expects a revision after telling eBay what an awful person I am. He's also told eBay that the [u]amp[/u] was faulty, so he's either lying to eBay or to all those kind enough to ask him a question.

[quote name='Ashborygirl' timestamp='1346572412' post='1790584']
Good morning guys!

I've received a request from the seller to revise my feedback! He obviously didn't realise that what he wrote to eBay would be copied to me so he expects a revision after telling eBay what an awful person I am. He's also told eBay that the [u]amp[/u] was faulty, so he's either lying to eBay or to all those kind enough to ask him a question.
[/quote]

Also, you are now a guy in his response.

He wrote.."[color=#000000]Hi, amp is perfect. Like new but it was plugged i to a surge protected socket which was faulty. I thought the amp was broken so refunded the buyer immediately. He got very angry and complained about me. I have disputed and appealed the negative feedback. Take a look at my feedback and judge for yourself.[/color]"

I've now sent:

I was watching this last week but didn't actually bid:
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gallien-Kreuger-MB115-/320970963292?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=GkMBhhPFehlqG04fR%2FaNsnQKxQE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gallien-Kreuger-MB115-/320970963292?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=GkMBhhPFehlqG04fR%2FaNsnQKxQE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc[/url]
I note that you've now set a BIN price...Why is it now nearly twice what it actually sold for?? I've bought loads of stuff off eBay and had people withdraw items when they didn't get what they'd hoped for..I may be cynical but that's what this looks like..I am wary of bidding in case I win and you withdraw the item because it hasn't reached what you are asking...I'm sure that you see where I'm coming from...

Let's wait to see what his response is....

He responded in a couple of minutes...

[color=#222222]Hi[/color]
[color=#222222]sorry - up to you. Please look at my feedback and make your own decision. This amp is is the best you'll get for the money. If I part ex it I'll get £160 or more depending on what it goes in for - but I can promise you that a realistic bid will be accepted and as with the pat 8 years of operating as a 100% seller, you will get a great buy.[/color]
[color=#222222]Up to you.[/color]
[color=#222222]thank you for your feedback.[/color]
[color=#222222]Best wishes[/color]
[color=#222222]Bruce[/color]

[color=#222222]I'm tempted to offer £1 more than the OP..[/color]

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1346581671' post='1790699']
He responded in a couple of minutes...

[color=#222222]Hi[/color]
[color=#222222]sorry - up to you. Please look at my feedback and make your own decision. This amp is is the best you'll get for the money. If I part ex it I'll get £160 or more depending on what it goes in for - but I can promise you that a realistic bid will be accepted and as with the pat 8 years of operating as a 100% seller, you will get a great buy.[/color]
[color=#222222]Up to you.[/color]
[color=#222222]thank you for your feedback.[/color]
[color=#222222]Best wishes[/color]
[color=#222222]Bruce[/color]

[color=#222222]I'm tempted to offer £1 more than the OP..[/color]
[/quote]

Sounds like an actual admission of guilt. Why on earth the weirdo didn'tbang £170 reserve on it if that's the part ex price is beyond me.

It seems his response has been edited to read "this is not the full story. Macko is a very angry ebayer. I will avoid him".

Might be worth contacting ebay and asking them to remove it as it shows up under Ashborygirl's 'feedback left for others' tab. The fact that ebay have already issued him a warning and that his story is full of holes could make it easier for ebay to decide to remove the feedback. Maybe.