Why become a member? ×

The decline of Bass player magazine

arthurhenry

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1350998244' post='1845996']
Marcus is indeed on the latest cover, just saw it in Smiths.

Had a flick, put it back. Advert, advert,advert......
[/quote]

I know he is...I've got it. But when the question was asked,that issue hadn't been released over
here yet-the Bryan Beller issue was the one on the shelves.

I think the last couple of issues have been good. Bryan Beller last month,Marcus this month (and an interview
with Justin Meldal Johnson)....Steve Bailey is on the cover of the next issue-great.

Edit...Yep,the spelling mistake was the 'o' was missing from The Aristocrats. The editorial in the Marcus issue
is basically a big apology for the error.

Edited by Doddy

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1351173733' post='1848231']
Just reading the latest issue available in the UK (Marcus Miller cover) and has anyone else noticed that the description of the bass in the Retro-rama section doesn't appear to match the photos?
[/quote]

I hadn't read that bit...but yeah,the text is about the Hofner Artist and the photos are of the Hofner Club.

The editorial accuracy of BP has sadly slipped over time. Like the previous poster I've got every issue except a few missing from the very late 80s/early 90s - for the first time I was forced to put virtual pen to paper when at the end of the most recent Flea interview, reference was made to Louie Artmstrong and Billy Holiday :(

Having said that, I'm still a BP buyer (and now subscriber) over the Brit competition.

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1351200210' post='1848739']
The editorial accuracy of BP has sadly slipped over time. Like the previous poster I've got every issue except a few missing from the very late 80s/early 90s - for the first time I was forced to put virtual pen to paper when at the end of the most recent Flea interview, reference was made to Louie Artmstrong and Billy Holiday :(

Having said that, I'm still a BP buyer (and now subscriber) over the Brit competition.
[/quote]

:blink: