Why become a member? ×

just a little pic of my bass posing

artisan

sorry about this :)
i took this pic last saturday just before we opened up for The Boomtown Rats at Ripley village hall.
it was a cracking night even though we only played for 45 min's we had two people (we didn't know them) videoing us & plenty of photo's taken,hell we even got to do an encore too with massive applause at the end,especially the bass player :sun_bespectacled:

I leant my bass at a jaunty angle at a gig a few days ago just before we sound checked. Two minutes later when I turned my back it fell over and the headstock broke off (again, it has been repaired) so I had to do the gig with my precision, and then spend most of the following day fettling my other bass (which had steels on) so I could use that. I'll never lean my bass against anthing except the floor again, no matter how many times the drummer trips up over it.

I guess positioning a double bass safely requires an instinctive understanding of the laws of physics (centre of gravity and all that) and the total absence of bumbling punters and other musicians within 5 metres of the rig. But in the end, nothing beats a double bass for coolness, and Artisan's photo proves the point :D

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1345371335' post='1776664']
I guess positioning a double bass safely requires an instinctive understanding of the laws of physics (centre of gravity and all that) and the total absence of bumbling punters and other musicians within 5 metres of the rig. But in the end, [b]nothing beats a double bass for coolness, and Artisan's photo proves the point [/b] :D
[/quote]

Definately.

the bass is fixed now and I'll start taking my stand with me and see how I fare with that

Mine was beaten up when it was on the floor in a big empty room :unsure: I think some roadie hit with something when passing it. I noticed when on stage and picked it up for the first song. I looked down and noticed these two big dent/gouges. Nobody admitted it. Humans. <_<

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1345317186' post='1776285']
It just looks cool. Hey it probably even looks cool when [i]you're[/i] playing it! :D
[/quote]

:) not to sure how cool it sounds though

it's pretty safe leaning on my amp' too as the bottom of the upper body bout "hooks" on to the top of my amp & the end pin has a rubber tip too,of course someone could still knock it over but then i'd just have to kill them :modspank:

Edited by artisan