Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

DYNACORD BS412 COMBO

rhino

S O L D

I decided to buy the combo for gigs with a rock band as I had used the gear in the early 1970's, was impressed with the quality and it didn't seem too heavy at that time.
The quality is still there but the weight appears to have tripled. and the rock band's bass player is not leaving.
On to the technical stuff.
250 watts through an Electrovoice 15" via a 7 band graphic Eq, plus treble and bass rotary controls, usual send & return facility,
a compressor, and a distortion unit (?). See pictures.
This combo is LOUD, punchy,and clean or dirty, whatever you want.

I am quite happy to let it go for £300 and in view of the weight, 42kilos, the size, 68cm high, 67 cms wide and 40cm deep I will deliver it within a 100 mile radius of Leeds for £25 or meet halfway if over 100 miles.

If a buyer is found, I will split the money and donate it to the Parkinson's Society and another charity to be the choice of the buyer.

You know it make sense.

Rhino.

S O L D .

Edited by rhino

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='187358' date='Apr 28 2008, 04:50 PM']And there was me thinking it would have four 12" speakers, eh!

Those crazy Germans ...[/quote]

They have never got over the Brits nicking the Enigma machine and consequently their mathematical ability has been somewhat impaired. However, I have worked out how a 1 x 15" combo is designated the model name & number "BS412"

B is the 2nd letter in the english alphabet and S is the 19th so , here goes:

219 plus 412 = 631 - 6+3+1 = 10: 10 x 50% (war time inflation) =5 , 10 + 5 = 15 !!!!

Did you know that during WW2, the germans parachuted into Butlins at Minehead a couple of times and attempted to hide in the chalets ?
Fortunately, on their last visit they were seen by a young man riding a bike in circles who reported his sighting to the police and then sat down and wrote the famous song " Rhine Troops Keep Falling On Minehead".

Rhino.

Bit off topic but...

Bloke goes to the doctor
Doctor-"How can I help you"
Patient-"I'm getting some strange sounds from my rear end,specifically every time I fart it goes Honda"
Doctor-"Very strange indeed,please drop your trousers and bend over.
The doctor has a good look and tells the man to pull his trousers up again.
Patient-"Well Doctor,is it serious?"
Doctor-"You seem to have an abcess"
Patient-"But why the sound?"
Doctor-"Have you never heard the saying,Abcess makes the fart go Honda"

Nice combo and BUMP

[quote name='yanto' post='187702' date='Apr 28 2008, 11:41 PM']Bit off topic but...

Bloke goes to the doctor
Doctor-"How can I help you"
Patient-"I'm getting some strange sounds from my rear end,specifically every time I fart it goes Honda"
Doctor-"Very strange indeed,please drop your trousers and bend over.
The doctor has a good look and tells the man to pull his trousers up again.
Patient-"Well Doctor,is it serious?"
Doctor-"You seem to have an abcess"
Patient-"But why the sound?"
Doctor-"Have you never heard the saying,Abcess makes the fart go Honda"

Nice combo and BUMP[/quote]

What have I started?

Rhino.

Bump, I gigged one to death in the 90's with the extension 1x10 + 1x15 cab, the best sound ever, front panel power amp and seperate pre amp, ev powered, if you put wheels on it, then most problems apart from picking it up are solved. buy, buy, buy. :)

Does the combo have the front flight case lid? I used to have one of these and ALSO regret getting rid of it!

A middle aged woman was looking in the mirror one night,
sighing she turned to her husband and said
"Im old, fat and ugly, please pay me a compliment"
The husband looks up and says,
"Your eyesight is still good!"

Dave

[quote name='cd_david' post='189108' date='Apr 30 2008, 06:37 PM']Does the combo have the front flight case lid? I used to have one of these and ALSO regret getting rid of it!

A middle aged woman was looking in the mirror one night,
sighing she turned to her husband and said
"Im old, fat and ugly, please pay me a compliment"
The husband looks up and says,
"Your eyesight is still good!"

Dave[/quote]
Hi Dave
Yes, it does have the front flight case lid.
From the amount of comment and reverence attaching itself to the Dynacord, I think I should find a suitable cave and charge bass players a nominal £1 per visit to include jamming along with a 12 bar of their choosing
Other musicians: £10.00 per visit, no favours.
As for drummers, well, £20 per visit to include a free wipe of their mouths to make sure that they are dribbling from both sides.

You may know that I live in West Yorkshire, so if you are ever passing by, let me know and you can call in and pay your respects to the "Great One".

Rhino.

[quote name='TPJ' post='189589' date='May 1 2008, 11:26 AM']Bump for both Rhino and Dynacord. He sold me a very lovely Dynacord all tube bass amp last year and it is fantastic. Rhino is a great chap as well.

Buy with confidence in both.[/quote]

Many thanks for your complimentary remarks - I'm sure you're right !!

Cheers,

Rhino.