Why become a member? ×

New Studio/Office Setup

charic

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' timestamp='1344439347' post='1764536']
Presumably, if you turned the camera 90 degrees to the right, we'd see the huge pile of junk that you'd just swept off of your desk?

S.P.
[/quote]

hehe.

Looks like a nice place to play and relax bro. Missing my old den :( For every Ying there is a Yang :)

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' timestamp='1344439347' post='1764536']
Presumably, if you turned the camera 90 degrees to the right, we'd see the huge pile of junk that you'd just swept off of your desk?

S.P.
[/quote]

Not yet lol. Just setting everything up in the house atm. There's a pile of bass cases I'm trying to work out where to keep though :lol:

That's very nice. Mine's way too cramped at the moment.

Are they 5" speakers you've got there? Was just curious about whether they pump out enough bass for you. I've got a pair of BX5a's that are a bit lacking in the bass. Not sure if it's my setup or the speakers though as my desk is right in the corner.

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1344454444' post='1764919']
That's very nice. Mine's way too cramped at the moment.

Are they 5" speakers you've got there? Was just curious about whether they pump out enough bass for you. I've got a pair of BX5a's that are a bit lacking in the bass. Not sure if it's my setup or the speakers though as my desk is right in the corner.
[/quote]

Yeah hs50ms have 5" speakers. I don't find them lacking (infact the floor shakes if I crank them). More important than how good any speaker is, is that you know them. As long as they're revealing enough you're laughing IMHO.

Having the speakers in the corner usually makes things basses iirc. Have you tried getting your speakers at ear level? Makes a world of difference.

[quote name='ROConnell' timestamp='1344458425' post='1765009']
It looks really nice and slick! Very tidy too.

Tidy equals productive.

Though I'm not sure how productive actual work would be in there though with that nice TC rig sitting in that corner! :P
[/quote]

We'll see ;-)

With my laptop dock there its kinda annoying having to switch the usb cable from the laptop to the desktop. Anyone know if there are any kind of switches that mat be suitable? Did consider using a hub but I expect it would cause more trouble than it solved

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1344500769' post='1765371']
Nice set-up! you might like this [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002DUCK12/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=9550944549&ref=asc_df_B002DUCK12"]http://www.amazon.co...c_df_B002DUCK12[/url]
[/quote]

Cheers!

Do you know if it'll cause any latency or noise issues? :unsure:

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1344513523' post='1765672']
It's rented acommo and not likely to be anywhere near an "ideal" room unfortunately, just somewhere nice to work and mix :)
[/quote]

You can still make some bits and bobs to help that arent attached to the walls though. Not too expensive or difficult either if you have some tools and time....