Why become a member? ×

Kramer XL8 8-string bass with aluminium neck SOLD

dangerboy

For sale my loved, but rarely-used Kramer 8-string. Looks strange, sounds amazing. You can read about this model, and similar Kramer Aluminium necks here: [url="http://www.vintagekramer.com/alum.htm"]http://www.vintagekramer.com/alum.htm[/url]

The controls on this are very detailed - tone and volume for each humbucker, plus coil tap switches for each humbucker, and a 3-way selector switch. You do need this range of controls. As you can imagine this bass can get very trebly with new strings on, and it's good to be able to tame it. It does a fantastic cathedrally 8-string sound without much fiddling.

This bass is over 30 years old, and looking good for its age. There is the odd nick to the varnish, but as you can see from the pictures they're pretty hard to spot. The bass comes with a padded Bass Centre bag that fits it. It's not the prettiest bag in the world, but it does the job.

This bass is 32" scale (I think - I'm sure Joe Garcia will set me straight if not!). As far as I know it's all original, apart from one screw on the neck plate.

[b]Price is SOLD[/b] which will include shipping in the UK if required. I can bring it to train stations that aren't too far from London (basically anywhere that's less than £20 return!) if you'd like a courier-free transaction (I have no car to deliver it).

[attachment=115013:DSCF5915.jpg][attachment=115014:DSCF5914.jpg][attachment=115015:DSCF5913.jpg][attachment=115016:DSCF5911.jpg][attachment=115017:DSCF5910.jpg][attachment=115018:DSCF5909.jpg][attachment=115019:DSCF5908.jpg][attachment=115020:DSCF5907.jpg][attachment=115021:DSCF5906.jpg][attachment=115022:DSCF5904.jpg]

Edited by dangerboy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...