Why become a member? ×

A late introduction!

Jellyfish

Hello! I've been a member on Basschat for a while, and haven't actually introduced myself properly, so here it goes.

My names Chris, I'm 22 years old and from Birmingham. I've was lucky enough to be naturally gifted at music and learning theory and other instruments, but it wasn't until I found the bass guitar about two years ago that I found the dedication to stick at it. My first bass was a Yamaha RBX 170 and it was great fun for me, but I soon had my sights set on other things.

I'm a big fan of power and prog' metal and was quickly yearning for a 5 string. Unfortunately, there were problems following my first purchase of an Ibanez BTB 575 (and man, I did love that bass) so roll on to about a month ago and I'm now the chuffed owner of an Ibanez Prestige 4005e. All the money I paid for it was earnt by myself, slowly, over the period of a few months (which makes it all the more special for me!) and I purchased the bass from a fellow BC'er. It's the only bass I've ever played that felt comfortable to me straight away, but the Ibanez Soundgear's really are lovely instruments and you can't get better than a Prestige!

I currently work part-time at my local newsagents but soon hope to attend college to study Music further (I'm what my mum calls a 'late bloomer'...) and take it to another level.

See you around!

:D

Hey Chris,

Thanks for a great read. Belated welcomes then!

I envy that you live so close to Leamington - where the toy shop is.

As to late blooming, I can relate. Was almost 24 when I started at music college, and happily really got to experience what some extra maturity (personalitywise and musicwise) can give you for free where others will strive. Go for it and good luck on the way!

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1344107050' post='1759973']
Hey Chris,

Thanks for a great read. Belated welcomes then!

I envy that you live so close to Leamington - where the toy shop is.

As to late blooming, I can relate. Was almost 24 when I started at music college, and happily really got to experience what some extra maturity (personalitywise and musicwise) can give you for free where others will strive. Go for it and good luck on the way!

best,
bert
[/quote]

That means an awful lot, thank you, Bert. :)

And thank you Chris. :)