Why become a member? ×

Rare Fender Precision 1983 Ivory Fullerton made

73Jazz

Heads up! :)

For sale is this beautiful 1983 Fullerton made Fender Precision Bass.
The colour is original and called ivory, the bass has got a one piece maple neck with amazing 57 specs, which i really love.
As you can see, the bass is in an amazing condition, especially regarding the age of nearly 30 years. there is no mark or dent and i honestly searched for one.
Beside the beautiful look, the bass sounds perfect, as well is the playability. Low action and no fretbuzzing.
The Pickguard is a original Fender, but not original to the bass, the former white pickguard is not in my hands.
Everything else is original and in absolutely mint condition.
Price is xxxxxxxxxxxxx including shipping to europe.
Please check my feedback for confidence

Edited by 73Jazz

[quote name='Christophano' timestamp='1343030554' post='1743866']
Oh god. Birth year bass..... Must fight GAS!!!
[/quote]

ME TOO! Always wanted a 83 Fender....oh dear. If it was made in july I would have no option other than to buy it.

[quote name='Papalampraina' timestamp='1343030408' post='1743865']
Hey M! Why are you selling this? This is, just, WOW! :)
[/quote]

hey my greek friend :)
why? too many basses, so little time.or better, so much gas so little money.. i try to catch another 60s P, so this one has unfortunately to go.

[quote name='Christophano' timestamp='1343030554' post='1743866']
Oh god. Birth year bass..... Must fight GAS!!!
[/quote]

Don`t fight it, take a deep breath, focus your thoughts and buy it! :)

[quote name='NJE' timestamp='1343031484' post='1743873']
ME TOO! Always wanted a 83 Fender....oh dear. If it was made in july I would have no option other than to buy it.
[/quote]

I will check the neck stamp in the evening ;)

Edited by 73Jazz

Very nice 73Jazz. I have an 84 precision in ivory although mine has the rosewood fingerboard. I think you'll find that the pickup covers have also been changed from white to black to match the pickguard. These are superb basses from the era when good quality was once again being produced from the Fullerton factory under the leadership of Bill Schultz. I like my 84 so much that I purchased an 83 in black with maple fingerboard and am awaiting its arrival this week. All the very best with the sale, someone is going to get a beautiful bass.

You are absolutely right Hutton. After some dark weeks in the late 70s, the Fullerton era in the early 80s is showing up some top notch bass with first class built quality.
This bass couldn`t been built better

thank you and the others very much for your comments

[quote name='73Jazz' timestamp='1343220382' post='1747222']
No-one interested in this beauty? Price is fair, isn't it?[/quote]

I think there's a lot of interest, and it's a very fair price, IMHO!
If the banks hadn't seen fit to rob me blind, I'd buy it all day long!

I took delivery of my 83 Precision yesterday and it is marvellous. If folks could get access to these 82-85 Precisions and see and feel the quality for themselves they may well realise that late 70s precisions are overpriced in comparison. I'm not saying that late 70s basses aren't good but IMHO opinion the 82-85 era are better basses (and usually much lighter). The price of this bass is extremely fair. Someone should take the plunge and buy it, they won't regret it.