Why become a member? ×

Greeetings from Los Angeles CA

Eljay

Hello from the 'burbs of Los Angeles California USA.

Saw & liked BassChat, joined up to reply to a certain topic.

Me-
Playing for quite some time; I keep getting better & better.
Like Old/New School R&B/Soul/Funk/Jazz/Blues/Soul and of course RnR.

Favorite players include Jamerson, Rainey, Eddie Gomez, Buster WIlliams, many others.

Gear?
Lots.
1969 P-Bass
G&L SB-2
Henman-Bevalaqua B4
STEVENS SLANT 4
Ampeg B15R
ThunderFunk 750A w/ Bergantino HS12
Gk MB Fusion w/ Schroeder PL212
JAGUAR 200 (4xKT88 w/ 410 Celestion loaded cab.) You would not believe this amp!

Other than that, I would like to say that I've been to England 2X; once focused on London, probably the World's coolest city, and once agin mainly touring the South and Wales.

Also Ireland, from Dublin to Waterford, and many points in between.

My Father (RIP) was stationed in England and Irelnad during WWII, told me how English troops they were working with stopped Battle for teatime; also said that English Special Forces of some kind were the baddest *&&^%$ he'd ever seen.

My experience there was the BEST; the people were the best, the culture civilization, the history, the countryside, the City--

WOW.

Loved it.

Very interesting to listen in on bass-related posts from Overseas.

Cheers all, and keep it in-the-pocket.

Hi Eljay,

Welcome to BC. I'm sure you're very welcome despite all y'all wasn't that nice to the King a few centuries ago.
Oh, and it's spelled "humour" and "colour"!

You have some stuff I've never even heard of. How 'bout posting a few pics for us to enjoy?

I hope you'll thrive on here.

All the best,
Bert

Edited by BassTractor

Thanks Gents, for all. Sorry about the 4th of July & all! (Sometimes, considering all things, we MIGHT have been a lot better off having Parliament run this Country! :lol: )
The UK for me was/is da bomb! From the hippest stuff in London to thatched-roof cottages (for real!) in the country-Too Kewl. REAL fish/chips, and the spirit of the people I met was the BEST by far in all of Europe that I toured! (close tie w/Ireland :D ).

I'll watch my spelling and remember to use the boot, not the trunk-

Gear- I've got some pieces that are INSANE!
I'll post my '69 P-Bass in the proper category, already put my JAGUAR 200 in "Amps", My Stevens and Trussart in "Basses "
Here's my Henman-Bevalaqua B4 and my Blonde ASAT for an appetizer:

Cheers to all~

Thanks! On the way to a local pub; I can't remember the small town we were headed to, after driving through miles and miles (kilometers I suppose!) of incredibly serene and beautiful countryside, the light rain cleared up and there was a HUGE rainbow over this lush green countryside, probably one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen.

At that time, and after several pints of hard cider, another treat I discovered, I considered standing up in the Pub and declaring:
"Hear Ye! I now announce my self an official Resident of this Town!! Where do I put my stuff, and what time is Lunch tomorrow?"

A small truck passed thru, (lorrie?) that was rush hour. Now I realize it's a bit more hectic in London, but then again, London was w/out doubt, the kewlest city I have ever been to, and I been around! :lol:
The mixture of old/new, traditional culture with a World Blend of everything kept me in a state of shock and Bliss.
Everything was awesome, Everybody was interesting! Absolutely loved the UK.

I'm looking into a 2-Week booking of my R&B Project with an agency here. Once, I played with an ensemble that came thisclose to a 12-city tour, being an opening act for UB40, including playing in NOTTINGHAM!! and ending in Wembley Stadium. Shame; never happened!!

I KNOW there's an audience for some phat & Funky on-the-edge Urban R&B from USA over there, thers's some very appropriate venues too.
Lots of details to iron out, but that would be the BOMB!
I told Dani about the London pub where the Waitress had me try (6) types of hard cider before she would let me order...

Wow. Gotta get back.

Edited by Eljay