Why become a member? ×

'classic' stingray vs stingray - are they worth it?

zero9

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1342297423' post='1733069']
Manged to take some pics today of the pre EB neck/headstock and the Classic so that you can see what you get in terms of "better woodwork".

I think the Classics do look really good.
[/quote]

pre EB looks far nicer, but then I don't like the look of burl maple

[quote name='markorbit' timestamp='1342293507' post='1732990']
I bought a brand new 4 string classic ash/maple a few months ago but I've been playing the Steinberger and Precision with the band. Think it's still got the plastic bags over the tuners and pickguard. It's hardly been out of the case. It has the Louis Johnson vibe with black guard. If anybody is looking for an 'as new' classic £1200 + delivery will seal it... pm me if you are interested.
[/quote]
If only it had 5 strings :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1342285700' post='1732859']
Fell off my motorbike earlier!, when the Wife finds out I might just have the funds for a Classic5 after all! :o
[/quote]

Ouch, I hope you're ok... but are you sure it was an accident? ;)

When I was a student, and poor, I did my CBT and asked my parents for a loan of a £1500 to buy a bike etc and planned to get my full license soon after.
My mother then called me and she said that rather than a loan, she would *give* me the money if I got a car instead, as she was so afraid of motorcycles. I told her that it was not just the cost to buy, but to maintain, tax etc... she then said she'd cover that too. I could not refuse that offer, and to this day, I still do not have a motorcycle's license.
I never thought of exploiting it further... "well, if I were at home playing the new bass I would not be out there getting into accidents" :P

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1342285734' post='1732860']
I need to try one of these pre amps, why do you live so far away?!
[/quote]

I think it's good that we don't live too close. I fear I'd have a preEB and a 5-string too by now :lol:
There is another BC member I'm happy to live far from (hi apa! ;)) for similar reasons.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1342363768' post='1733747']...and to this day, I still do not have a motorcycle's license....
[/quote]

Me neither mate. But it never prevented me riding around the country for years, joining a MCC and living the dream as a dick-wad renegade :D (one of the benefits of the remoteness of where I lived) These days I'm a dad with a family car and all legit - regularly cursing out the dick-wads who use their mobiles as they try and negotiate roundabouts. :lol: I keep making noises about getting a project bike to do up and ride (legit) but the Mrs won't have it.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1342367520' post='1733817']
Me neither mate. But it never prevented me riding around the country for years, joining a MCC and living the dream as a dick-wad renegade :D (one of the benefits of the remoteness of where I lived) These days I'm a dad with a family car and all legit - regularly cursing out the dick-wads who use their mobiles as they try and negotiate roundabouts. :lol: I keep making noises about getting a project bike to do up and ride (legit) but the Mrs won't have it.
[/quote]

I told my gf about my desire for getting my license and buy a bike... and she, too, will not allow it. :(

To be honest, after wearing the leathers etc on a hot day... it does not seem as much fun as I thought initially. And after seeing the damage caused by a fall on the road, I would not dream of riding without good protection. And so many injuries to hands... if I got injured and it prevented me from playing I would be very miserable. I think I can live without a bike now.
However, I think I might just keep pretending I do want to ride, and use that to negotiate some bass-related purchase in the future :lol:

True. One thing that kind of nags at me is it's getting tougher for bikers out there due to the amount of genuine idiots on the road these days. I remember a time when the roads were mainly populated by enthusiast or people who needed to drive out of necesity... nowadays it's just something to throw expendable income at (and fill the parcel shelf with cuddly toys) which obviously includes those who seem completely and utterly devoid of natural ability.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1342368841' post='1733834']
True. One thing that kind of nags at me is it's getting tougher for bikers out there due to the amount of genuine idiots on the road these days. I remember a time when the roads were mainly populated by enthusiast or people who needed to drive out of necesity... nowadays it's just something to throw expendable income at (and fill the parcel shelf with cuddly toys) which obviously includes those who seem completely and utterly devoid of natural ability.
[/quote]

Yeah, I didn't mention the other road users... (forget whether they ride bikes or not).
Idiots everywhere, and it only takes one.
Only this morning on my way to work... I'm stopped at the lights. A van behind me, also stopped. Then suddenly, it lunges forward and it very nearly hit me. Lights were still red, and stayed red for some time, it wasn't him "anticipating" the change. The guy was using his phone. For whatever reason he lost control (who leaves the car in gear when waiting for the lights, anyway?).

If Im sat at traffic lights on a dual carriageway and the person next to me is texting I move forward a little bit and as they see you out the corner of their eye they just start to drive off, its great fun!

My engine and frame protectors arrived this morning that I ordered ages ago from China! bollox :D