Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Celinder J/J 5 string **Sold**

Torben Hedstrøm

Bought this as I always wanted to own a jazz, and/or a Celinder... This one plays and sounds really really nice, but my Elrick seems to be the one bass for me.

Approx. 10 years of age, classic sunburst colour.

Been gigged alot, and it shows... But in a good way I think: Very Minor scratching on the back, and one ding on the headstock. Otherwise only slight discolouration from age. It has been well looked after, despite being used pretty much every single day. Could benefit from a fresh set of strings though...

Interesting trades would also be considered. Pics are not great, but if you want any more, just ask... As for trades, wide string spacing is preferred, and no more than 5 strings (Alreasy have a 5 and a 6... Maybe a fourstringer ?)... If someone has an Elrick (fretless ?), that would be pretty much spot on (as I seem to bond exceptionally well with my NJS...).

Might also be interested in MB Walkabout scout/AER type combo...

As for packing & shipping the bass seems to fit my TKL flightcase, so should not be a problem...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Had a few inquires regarding woods...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Body=alder[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Neck=Hard maple[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fretboard... Hm, I thought rosewood, but maybe not. Need a pointer here I guess.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pickups: Celinder[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Preamp = Greengrove[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scale 35"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]String spacing at bridge is adjustable... At present set to 20 mm.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]And ofcourse, if you have genuine interest in this, and wan't additional photos/closeups of something just ask :).[/font][/color]

Edited by Torben Hedstrøm

Thanks buddy, we will see if anyone else thinks so too ;).

As always, I'm not really much of a photographer, and the surroundings are not some exotic cloth, but merely my livingroom. Tried some with/without flash, but it's kindda hard to catch the real'glow' of the woods/paintjob.

Lovely bass - for me, Celinder builds some of the finest Js available - incredibly playable and great, fat tones. Is this an earlyish Jazz Update (looks like one)? Also, the board looks like it could be Pau Ferrau. I know Celinder has used Cocobolo but the figuring is usually more distinctive - good luck, a gorgeous bass at a great price

Yeah, I would hope someone can put this one to good use. It's a real nice bass, and is sort of the luxury version of 'a working muscians instrument'. The guy who owned it before me has gigged it several times a week for years, and has taken good care of it. Too bad if it's just going to end it's days in a flightcase under the bed.

Frets are not as new, but not excessively worn either... I would think that at this price, there should be sufficient funds for a fretjob some time in the future. But it's not urgent...

Have never played a Fender 5, but I would think that the neck on this one is somewhat wider ?.

[quote name='fendurt' timestamp='1342181594' post='1730961']
How is the fretwork? if it is gigged a lot the frets might need replacing
And what are the measurements of the neck? bigger or smaller then the average fender 5-ers?
[/quote]

Thanks guys... I would think that it's a fair deal even at the original price really, and I would consider 'trade value' quite a bit higher as well. Current price is indeed a straight sale, and if (or more likely when) the bass I have my eyes on gets shifted to someone else, the offer goes :)