Why become a member? ×

Gigs, GAS and a reminder that we are all individuals ......

debwilliams

Last night, myself and SpaceChick had made arrangements to go LemonCello's gig. I just knew it was going to be a good night when the rain had stopped, the sun had come out and I was able to drive to her house wearing sunglasses B) . Living in Wales, this is a particularly rare event. A good omen I thought.

I got to Deb's house and she very quickly mentioned that we needed to go to the ATM for some cash as she just might be buying a BASS during this, our second road trip. Only two weeks ago I'm sure I recall a conversation that fretless basses were not for Debs, and that she didn't really feel that the absence of frets was a good idea. One glimpse of a "FOR SALE" ad in LemonCello's signature soon changed that ;) .

Cash sorted, we found our destination and enjoyed some great music courtesy of The Reserves in a fantastic facility called The Green Rooms. It was great to meet LC, listen to The Reserves and of course see Deb's face as she left with her new fretless bass :D .

Here are a couple of pics

Thanks very much for a great night!

As for the "reminder that we are all individuals" ... just check out how different mine and Debs' choice of footwear was for last night :lol:

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1341758047' post='1723616']
Glad you girls had a great time :)
[/quote]

Cheers Mel, we had a great. Hope you can join us one day/night. We're hoping to arrange a get together in the Cardiff area so hopefully that would be close enough for you to come along?

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1341758240' post='1723619']
Cheers Mel, we had a great. Hope you can join us one day/night. We're hoping to arrange a get together in the Cardiff area so hopefully that would be close enough for you to come along?
[/quote]

Yeah Cardiff is only just over an hour on the train :)

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1341776842' post='1724038']
Sounds like fun :)

But, whose footwear is whose? Inquiring minds want to know :)
[/quote]

Whos do you think is who's? And which footwear intrigues you most.... The femininity of the heels or the practicality of the trainers :P

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1341778593' post='1724094']
I'd say the spikey heels are for a space chick.
[/quote]

Hmmmm

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1341758725' post='1723624']
As for the footwear.... I'm comfortable with my choice ;)
[/quote]

There used to be a certain 'ahem' thing about girls in comfortable shoes :blink:

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1341777176' post='1724052']
Whos do you think is who's? And which footwear intrigues you most.... The femininity of the heels or the practicality of the trainers :P
[/quote]

I don't know which is more intriguing, but I do know I prefer shoes which don't look as if they're causing ankle damage... Five years in cuban heels will do that.
So I'm going to guess that debwilliams wore the sensible shoes.

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1341791260' post='1724310']
I don't know which is more intriguing, but I do know I prefer shoes which don't look as if they're causing ankle damage... Five years in cuban heels will do that.
So I'm going to guess that debwilliams wore the sensible shoes.
[/quote]

Awww - afraid not. It's me who has a soft spot for very high heels B)

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1341825552' post='1724493']
Don`t you need to remove unfortunate rodents etc from those spikes after a night out?
Having said that, you could stick a setlist on one and just glance down to view.
Do they do em in 8s?
[/quote]

Nice suggestion for the setlist! Will keep that in mind.

Yes, they come in a size 8 .... Go for it!

Big thanks to the 'two Debs' for coming to our first gig! It's great that fellow BC'ers come out and support each other like this! We had a great time on Sat night airing our set for the first time. I even sold my fretless to SpaceChick during the interval - I wonder if that is a first too?

Our drummer (Paul) had the heebeegeebees for two days prior, but 'manned up' in style and really enjoyed himself! He hasn't stopped talking about it since!

BTW, we hired the Green Rooms for the night (link above in this thread) for £75 and invited all our friends and family. The £75 includes bar staff, sound engineer - full sound check and lighting rig!. They couldn't do enough for us to make it a successful night - thanks Owen and Vicky!

Onwards and upwards!

LC