Why become a member? ×

1970s MIJ Satellite Jazz Bass with excellent mods SWAP or 300 Pounds

WACOJACO

Here is a right corker of a jazz bass copy, my Satellite Jazz .

Some people love these MIJ lawsuit guitars, some don't.
I would really reserve your judgement until to play and hear this vintage beauty.

The build quality is very high- solid ash body and bound maple neck with ebony fingerboard both finished to a high standard- the neck is a proper jazz style neck in terms of feel, speed of play and slim dimensions.

Its in very good condition for its age as you can see from pics. In terms of aesthetic damage, the headstock has developed a crack near the E tuner, however when all the work was done to this bass it was professionally glued and lacquered by Dave Mann Nottingham, and as tuner screws are either side of the crack, it really wont get any worse. Very confident about this and it affects the bass in no way.

[url="http://s1065.photobucket.com/albums/u392/wacojaco1/?start=all"]http://s1065.photobu...aco1/?start=all[/url]

Excellent tone from the DiMarzio Jazz pickups. It sounds gret, one of the better Jazz lawsuits you will see . Really has to be heard. Electronics all working as they should and the pots are working as they should too.

As you can see, she comes dressed in sunburst finish with a gorgeous tortoiseshell pick guard and i have included the original chrome neck pup cover which are all original. Mother of pearl block inlays on the neck really stand out. Frets in very good condition too.

I have however had added by Dave Mann butterfly tuners which stay in tune as they should and also a much better bridge similar to MM style bridge which has improved sustain and action no end. Just been fitted with D'Addario 102-46 Nickel Rounds and is sounding great. Very nice low action too with no fret buzz

This is easily on a par with any entry level Jazz in terms of sound and build quality, but it has a warmth of tone and character which separates it and makes it unique- Sounds like a nice old Tokai or Ibanez. The thumb rest is wood too which really shows her age but I love that!

This really is a great bass, you are more than welcome to come play to find out - Only reason I want to swap with someone however as it is my spare Jazz Bass and am after a swap for p Bass or similar of equal quality or other MIJ lawsuit type bass or anything you have that may interest me and would be for suitable use in a rock outfit I have just joined. Please let me know

Thanks

Edited by WACOJACO

I'm not getting any pics from your link. It just seems to link to the photobucket home page. It's much easier for us all if you upload your pics to your post instead of linking to another site.

Edited by Hutton

I'm not seeing them either. Search of the linked site does not show anything for 'wacojaco1'.
Sometimes it is preferable to link elsewhere, though - earlier this year, that was the only sensible way to do it, because the Basschat servers were not accepting picture uploads.
Also, where are you based?

Edited by alyctes

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1340972299' post='1712243']
I'm not getting any pics from your link. It just seems to link to the photobucket home page. It's much easier for us all if you upload your pics to your post instead of linking to another site.
[/quote]

I'm not getting them either.

Also, did I read correctly when you said the strings were 10-42s? Would they not be guitar strings?

Yes, the have dimarzio written horizontally in the bottom right corner unlike the new ones which have dimarzio written vertically. They are factory fitted. If you zoom in on my bridge pics, look carefully between the D-G string you can just about make it out - my bad for having a camera phone!

Edited by WACOJACO

[quote name='WACOJACO' timestamp='1340978905' post='1712375']
Yes, the have dimarzio written horizontally in the bottom right corner unlike the new ones which have dimarzio written vertically. They are factory fitted. If you zoom in on my bridge pics, look carefully between the D-E string you can just about make it out - my bad for having a camera phone!
[/quote]

Thank you.
PM'd

Hi mate, thanks for your post. I would be looking for around 300 or this guitar as its 40 years old, in great condition , rare and she Plays and sounds fantastic. its just been set Up and restrung this month too and have spent a lot on the mods too plus a pair of dimarzio pups will set you back 100 quid off the bay and they are brilliant. Regards

Edited by WACOJACO