Why become a member? ×

Headless Tele bass anyone?

rubis

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-TELECASTER-BASS-NECK-1978-/110902632139?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19d24fdecb"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-TELECASTER-BASS-NECK-1978-/110902632139?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19d24fdecb[/url]

bit of tidying up and it'll do nicely

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1340839087' post='1710503']
It's great! But what's putting me off is the 'headstock snapped off and gone' bit. Apart from that I'd be all over it! :D
[/quote]

It's always the little things.

Other than picking it up for nuts to use as part of a dodgy insurance claim* I can;t think what it would be any good for.

* Dr Dave wishes it to be known that his remarks are intended for comedic purpose and he does not endorse insurance fraud in any way , shape or form..................unless he can make a few bob out of it , obviously.

I'd say that's probably a decent fixer upper... but I'd really like to see the back of the headstock before committing to see the extent of the damage and estimate how much of an invisible repair could be made.
Very worth while attempting if it were a good neck in the first place. I still remember when the Fender experts on here used to say avoid 70's necks if possible... but that gem of information seems to have been forgotten now that they are considered vintage.

Parts or a refurb project, I've repaired worse breaks on necks!

I'd buy it for the trussrod nut and the micro tilt adjuster because I can't find a bullet trussrod nut anywhere that fits my '74 Jazz neck. The one thats in is almost completely inside the hole! but it will probably go for silly money in the end.

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1340888369' post='1711072']
Parts or a refurb project, I've repaired worse breaks on necks!

I'd buy it for the trussrod nut and the micro tilt adjuster because I can't find a bullet trussrod nut anywhere that fits my '74 Jazz neck. The one thats in is almost completely inside the hole! but it will probably go for silly money in the end.
[/quote]
Hi Bren, are you serious? Im sure you have repaired worse breaks than that but I bet you had all the bits. The only way I can see that being of any substantial value is if it was smashed up on stage by someone famous at a well known event. I'd be surprised if it tops £100. However you never can tell. This has got interesting now. Goggles on folks.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1340893896' post='1711165']
Hi Bren, are you serious? Im sure you have repaired worse breaks than that but I bet you had all the bits. The only way I can see that being of any substantial value is if it was smashed up on stage by someone famous at a well known event. I'd be surprised if it tops £100. However you never can tell. This has got interesting now. Goggles on folks.
[/quote]

All that's missing is some wood, maple I think... :P
I wouldn't value it on its age though, like I said, just use it for bits I probably wouldn't repair this. But yeah, I worked with a guitard who lost the plot once and took the head off his 60s strat in a drunken rage. glued back together nicely, a few bits of filler maple, lots of aged nitro and a veneer for the front made it invisible. Not original any more, not worth much but he did say it played better and stayed in tune after that!

£28 is OK, when you consider the price of a new neck, it's a bit of work, but its still a Fender - albeit heavily repaired...
I agree with ou7shined though, I think £25 would be end of the bidding range for me not the start.

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1340988889' post='1712573']

All that's missing is some wood, maple I think... :P
I wouldn't value it on its age though, like I said, just use it for bits I probably wouldn't repair this. But yeah, I worked with a guitard who lost the plot once and took the head off his 60s strat in a drunken rage. glued back together nicely, a few bits of filler maple, lots of aged nitro and a veneer for the front made it invisible. Not original any more, not worth much but he did say it played better and stayed in tune after that!

£28 is OK, when you consider the price of a new neck, it's a bit of work, but its still a Fender - albeit heavily repaired...
I agree with ou7shined though, I think £25 would be end of the bidding range for me not the start.
[/quote]
Agreed 100%