Why become a member? ×

New Argonaut tune (metal)

Basszilla

Hi lovely people of the fair land of basschat

Here's a new tune from my band Argonaut.

All recorded and mixed by yours truly.

It's almost finished now, just a few minor tweaks to the mix to be done...

[url="http://www.soundcloud.com/argonautmusic"]http://www.soundcloud.com/argonautmusic[/url]

I would say it sounded more like hardcore than metal. I liked the sound of the bass, really nice distortion going on there, also not too loud either. Obviously the whole track needs mastering, and the quality on the soundcloud isn't fantastic but it sounds like a pretty good job mixing. Everything is pretty clear. Did you use a VST for the drums?

Edited by EdwardHimself

Cheers EH thanks for the comment :-)

The drums are real, no replacements or vsti.

Yes it will need mastering, and yeah there's defo a hardcore vibe running through this tune.

Soundcloud does mess with the sound a bit unfortunately. Buggers!

Cheers

Tim

Sounds awesome, really nicely done.

The only changes I would consider making (it would be trial and error) is the "location" of the instruments. I found it a little bit uncomfortable to listen to on headphones because of that.

Also the singer is lacking a little bit of clarity in the pronunciation for me.

Really is sounding good though :)

Cheers Charic thanks for commenting.

All vvery valid points and duly noted. Still working on the mix but having a few days off to reset my brain :-P

Havn't tried it on cans yet but intend to shortly. My monitors are just jumped up pc speakers at the mo lol.

Cheers

Tim

That's superb mate, really good. Great bass sound too.

I've almost worn out your first album from playing it in the car. Great stuff.

As someone pointed out, its more like hardcore than metal which I actually prefer - much more fast and aggressive. Any more releases due soon ?

Edited by WHUFC BASS

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1340806939' post='1709884']
Do you want me to have a listen on my monitors if/when I get a chance?

They're horribly revealing :lol:
[/quote]

I did listen to them on my monitors. I didn't find a massive amount wrong, then again I don't think you are going to get much detail out of the low bitrate mp3. If I was being picky I would say the mids are maybe a bit high but then again that is probably something you can sort out with a bit of eq at the mastering stage.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' timestamp='1340809424' post='1709930']
That's superb mate, really good. Great bass sound too.

I've almost worn out your first album from playing it in the car. Great stuff.

As someone pointed out, its more like hardcore than metal which I actually prefer - much more fast and aggressive. Any more releases due soon ?
[/quote]

thanks butty, means a lot :-) long time no speak - hope you're well.

If you want me to send you another copy of the first album just let me know, thats not a problem.

Releasewise we're probably going to out a 3 track ep as an inbetweener while we're writing our second album. Deceiver will be on the ep. Free download and diy hardcopies will be available i expect. Nowt fancy really, just hoping to get some gigs off the back of it as we are really struggling to get shows as per usual :-)

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1340815423' post='1710037']
I like that. Good tune, great bass tone. I'd love to hear it without the soundcloud distortion at some point. Good work, fella.
[/quote]

thanks Dr J...much appreciated. I will get a copy to you soon as it's all ready :-)

[quote name='Basszilla' timestamp='1340813213' post='1709994']
thanks butty, means a lot :-) long time no speak - hope you're well.

If you want me to send you another copy of the first album just let me know, thats not a problem.

Releasewise we're probably going to out a 3 track ep as an inbetweener while we're writing our second album. Deceiver will be on the ep. Free download and diy hardcopies will be available i expect. Nowt fancy really, just hoping to get some gigs off the back of it as we are really struggling to get shows as per usual :-)
[/quote]

Nice one mate, the more I listen to that, the more I like it.

I'd love a another copy of the album mate - mines scratched and jumps on a couple of tracks from being played so much LOL!

I can't believe you aren't getting any gigs - there's no justice. You'd be surprised at the amount of crap metal bands getting gigs (and deals) down here.

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1340957909' post='1711917']
Good stuff this!! Not even a huge fan of the genre, but really enjoyed this! Reckon it would be a blast to see you guys live too. I live pretty local to you, so let me know when you guys are playing?
Kert
[/quote]

Sweet!! I will let you know if we have any local shows then. Thanks for listening!