Why become a member? ×

Big favour - London based combo amp

Toasting

Hi guys,

Having run into some financial difficulties I've recently had to sell my MarkBass Mini CMD 121P to a fellow forumite. Being such a nice chap (Clarky) he has, in principle, agreed to lend it back to me for the ocassional gig but is unfortunately away for my next gig this weekend.

I was hoping that someone may be in a position to offer their assistance in lending me a combo to cover. I know it's a big ask but I am an honest chap, will collect and deliver to door, and ensure it is cared for. My financial situation will be resolved come September when I shall be back fully equipped.

I'll be hoping for 300w and relatively portable combo for a gig at a cider festival in Brixton this Saturday. The amp is to be used purely for monitor purposes runing through a DI. Will return with much thanks, and some cider, on the Sunday.

Quite happy to provide required details for security purposes.
Thanks in anticipation.
Jamie

Although I am indeed heading off to Italy in next couple of days, If you can get to Hammersmith tube station tonight (about 8pm) I could meet you there and lend you back your old combo, Jamie? You would have to hang on to it until some time around middle of next week

Thank you for the thought Gary.

Clarky! You Sir are a Legend of the highest order.
Usually we rehearse on a Wednesday night in North Sheen but if Thursday or Friday evening is not as convenient for you (?) then of course I will get to Hammersmith for 8pm. Thanks ever so much for this, it's a massive weight off my mind and won't be forgotten. Jamie

[quote name='Toasting' timestamp='1340788929' post='1709498']
Thursday 7.30pm at Hammersmith works a treat for me.
May the sun shine on you.
[/quote]
OK, there's a McDonalds next to the exit from the Piccadilly Line. C u outside that at 7.30pm tomorrow but I won't be eating there :P

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1340789454' post='1709511']
OK, there's a McDonalds next to the exit from the Piccadilly Line. C u outside that at 7.30pm tomorrow but I won't be eating there :P
[/quote]

Why? whats wrong with it? :huh: I eat there all the time! :blush:

Edited by Hobbayne

Hi guys,

I just thought I'd update as I met Clarky last night to collect the loaned amp. I wanted to show my gratitude publicly for his willing, helpfulness and trust. A top top bloke!

Thanks to this 'The Drybones' are playing [url="http://www.thedukebrixton.com/"]http://www.thedukebrixton.com/[/url] on the Saturday 19.00 - 20.00 and 21.00 - 22.00.
Bouncy two-tone covers and the flow of cider will hopefully make for a top night.

Great forum!
Jamie