Why become a member? ×

Your views on this...

JakeBrownBass

...song.

My band has been trying some different ways to recording so i was just wondering what you think of the outcome,

www.myspace.com/tenfloors

the song i'm talking about is "When The Stars Hit The Sky" but if you wanna comment about the others please do :)

Thanks for you time!

-Jake

www.tenfloors.co.uk

[quote]Sounds good to me!! Programmed drums?

The vocals get a tiny bit lost in the mix for me, could be just my speakers though.

But yeah, great song!

Si[/quote]

Yeh they are programmed drums on When The Stars Hit The Sky, but there only staying like that till i can get into my uncles studio! The rest of them were recorded at Micky Dales house, who is the piano player from embrace!

Thanks guys.

Jake

Edited by jake_tenfloors

[quote]I can hear what you mean about the vocals, Si... same goes for the backing vocals
All of the other songs sound great though! Does sound a lot like Coldplay and Athlete's first albums (the best one's, IMO) - very impressive![/quote]

Thanks for that, Athlete are easily my favorite band ever, seen them atleast 5 times!

-Jake

Am I the only one who hasn't been to a member of Embrace's house?

---

The band sounds great, Jake. I like the arrangement, but +1 on the vox. The singer doesn't sound at ease with it, maybe too much rehearsal? It all lifts at around 2:43, though, with the early '90s guitar sound. It sounds great, but I do think it's worth another pop.

What do you think of it?

edit: nice tone, btw. And very tasteful lines.

Edited by paul, the

[quote]Am I the only one who hasn't been to a member of Embrace's house?

---

The band sounds great, Jake. I like the arrangement, but +1 on the vox. The singer doesn't sound at ease with it, maybe too much rehearsal? It all lifts at around 2:43, though, with the early '90s guitar sound. It sounds great, but I do think it's worth another pop.

What do you think of it?

edit: nice tone, btw. And very tasteful lines.[/quote]

Well, i think the song is ok arragnement wise, ye we all think the vocals are a little quiet and deffinatly agree about vocals being a little off ease, but belive me, that was a very very long day! haha. Backing vocals we can't do much about, as me and the drummer arn't the best of singers you see!

Bass tone wise, warwick streamer LX ---> di ---> Protools/cubase on those recordings, so its pure bass, then software compressors etc..

Cheers about the basslines, i try to keep things interesting but not take anything away from the song.

-Jake

[quote name='paul, the' post='183825' date='Apr 23 2008, 02:14 PM']Am I the only one who hasn't been to a member of Embrace's house?

---

What do you think of it?

edit: nice tone, btw. And very tasteful lines.[/quote]

MB1. :)
WTF are Embrace?

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='183805' date='Apr 23 2008, 01:53 PM']Thanks for that, Athlete are easily my favorite band ever, seen them atleast 5 times!

-Jake[/quote]
I've only seen them once, when they were touring their first album - the second one's a bit boring for me so I haven't listened to the third... what's it like?

[quote]I've only seen them once, when they were touring their first album - the second one's a bit boring for me so I haven't listened to the third... what's it like?[/quote]

Well its kinda a strange album, i listened to it for the first time, hated it. Listened to it the 2nd time and thought hmm, then 3rd time round i can't turn it off, like totally amazing.

lol, its different but its still damn good.

-Jake

Jake,
Love the song, like the arrangement, agree with the others about the vox, and somehow it all sounds a bit too "clean" (maybe clinical) if that makes sense.....

cant quite put my finger on it - and I'm not an expert and maybe you'll end up with that mix, but playing around with a bit more, cant hurt can it?

[quote name='MB1' post='183855' date='Apr 23 2008, 02:51 PM']MB1. :)
WTF are Embrace?[/quote]

Am I the only one that knows about [url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=66126768"]this[/url] Embrace? They came first, and are immeasurably better (in my opinion of course, before the deluge of angry British Embrace fans start getting antsy)

went had a looky at your myspace....

"and more recently ‘Chelmsford Park‘ wowing a crowd in excess of 30,000 at the ‘Worldjam‘ held in summer 2007."

Where the hells that 'eh? Do you mean Hylands Park, Chelmsford? Site of the spectacular, the scouts jamboree in 07, good dog walking, slopey football games and a certain festival sponsored by Mr Branson?

If you worded it

""and more recently Hylands Park, Chelmsford wowing a crowd in excess of 30,000 in summer 2007." folk would just presume you played V....

(you can tell im from Chelmsford eh?)

[quote]went had a looky at your myspace....

"and more recently ‘Chelmsford Park‘ wowing a crowd in excess of 30,000 at the ‘Worldjam‘ held in summer 2007."

Where the hells that 'eh? Do you mean Hylands Park, Chelmsford? Site of the spectacular, the scouts jamboree in 07, good dog walking, slopey football games and a certain festival sponsored by Mr Branson?

If you worded it

""and more recently Hylands Park, Chelmsford wowing a crowd in excess of 30,000 in summer 2007." folk would just presume you played V....

(you can tell im from Chelmsford eh?)[/quote]

Haha thanks for that, i'll take that on boared.
Aye it was the scout jamboree, it may be alot of scouts but still one hell of a crowd to be playing infront of.

Thanks for all your comments guys!

-Jake